Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More expensive skincare - freebies?

Options
  • 07-03-2017 10:41pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I used be a massive Clinique fan, until their foundation shades moved to quite dark shades and I was searching for a new foundation.

I tried the color matching with No. 7 which was a disaster as I'm very pale, then I tried DoubleWear, which made me feel like I was wearing a mask and broke me out.

Then by chance I got a sample from Elizabeth Arden, which was a perfect fit in terms of how it felt, the color and overall feel.

So I slowly starting moving from Clinique to checking out Elizabeth Arden products.

Now the products are expensive, but the salespeople I deal with aren't pushy in that they don't force stuff on you.

Anytime I go in to buy products, I get samples, sometimes full sized products, free facials (they do this oxi facial which is lovely) and yesterday I spent a bit more than usual and got about 100 euro worth of products back (I spent about 140)

Is this normal with more premium brands?

To add: I've very sensitive skin, so far the products all work for me, people who meet me comment on how well I'm looking and I've done nothing else to change how I look apart from change my skincare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

which EA foundation do you use?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Flawless finish I think it's called?

Advertisement