Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using an iPhone 5s sim free

Options
  • 07-03-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭

Upgraded from iPhone 5s to iPhone SE, mainly because more storage and was also due an upgrade.
    Would like to give the 5s to the son to use. We will be getting him a SIM card to use PAYG in time. In the meantime I would like him to be able to use my old iPhone.
    Will 2 different iPhones work at the same time connected to the same apple account? Is there stuff I need to do on my old phone before I give it to him? The main apps he would use would be instagram and YouTube which can work off the wifi, maybe a few games that don't need internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Upgraded from iPhone 5s to iPhone SE, mainly because more storage and was also due an upgrade.
    Would like to give the 5s to the son to use. We will be getting him a SIM card to use PAYG in time. In the meantime I would like him to be able to use my old iPhone.
    Will 2 different iPhones work at the same time connected to the same apple account? Is there stuff I need to do on my old phone before I give it to him? The main apps he would use would be instagram and YouTube which can work off the wifi, maybe a few games that don't need internet.

They'll work fine. If you want you can wipe the phone and set it up for him with your Apple account. iMessages sent to the same email account will show up though, so make sure if it's set up it's with his email address, assuming he has one!

Advertisement