Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Berghaus Deluge waterproof trousers

Options
  • 07-03-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Lads, ripped new pair of trousers on barb wire over weekend, contacted Berghaus for advice, and was told to contact www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk, with postage etc, be cheaper to buy a new pair, any tips for repair job ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

How badly ripped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

THey seem a good price on Amazon...£18 the last time i looked last week.

would it not be better to just buy a new pair???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Most outdoor shots should sell repair kits. One type is adhesive rip-stop nylon in a range of colours. A patch on both sides of the tear might sort it for you.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭tphase

Try some repair tape like Gear Aid
    https://www.rei.com/product/783045/gear-aid-tenacious-tape-repair-tape

I ripped a Berghaus rain jacket on its first outing, about a 1 inch tear. Patched it inside and out with the above and it has lasted for years. Can't remember exactly how long ago (probably 2010) but the jacket is well worn and due for replacement - the patch is still holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

Masala wrote: »
    THey seem a good price on Amazon...£18 the last time i looked last week.

would it not be better to just buy a new pair???

Hi Masala there €75 for a new pair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

Thanks for reply's, and suggestions Guys, there not that badly ripped, I'II try repair tape or some kind of kit,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not sure where you're based - maybe Zip Yard could help.

http://thezipyard.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

polc07 wrote: »
    Hi Masala there €75 for a new pair

They're on sale on Amazon at the moment, priced from £19.78 depending on size.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mens-Clothing/Berghaus-Mens-Deluge-Overtrousers-Regular/B000L9D3O0

Going by Camelcamelcamel the average price seems to be £20 - £30, again depending on size.

A new pair delivered for around €30 is better than any repair...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've found the duct tape regularly on sale in Lidl works wonders repairing rips in the legs of my waterproof trousers. I tend to rip them too regularly to bother with any more expensive repair option! :D

Advertisement