Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭matzen

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Had premium working last month, missed my top up by a day and then topped up, no way can I get premium working again. It says Vodafone X music is active in the app, I went through the hoops, putting in my phone number, entering the one time code then copying and pasting the link in the text message, using Chrome I just get the Vodafone symbol going round and round forever, and I mean I left it for over an hour but nothing happened. I used the link in the phone's browser and it landed me on the Vodafone offers page saying I had no active subscription, all this was done while on mobile data. I contacted the chat via the app and he just sent me another text with the link, he did confirm that my subscription is active. I'm at a loss now tbh.
    Must be an issue with your account. I missed it by one day as well but was able to top up and activate it again when topping up by E20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,831 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

matzen wrote: »
    Must be an issue with your account. I missed it by one day as well but was able to top up and activate it again when topping up by E20.

I missed my top up by 3 days and had to click on a link to get back an expired add on, someone here posted the link
    My Spotify went back to the free option

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Going to port to this this month, is there anyway to automate the 20 top ups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Spotify premium now €8.99 if bought as as add-on. Afaik this won't impact on Vodafone X music, just if bought separately.
    Was e5 AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Bojill

Etnies wrote: »
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Etnies wrote: »

Yes it is in the app or on vodafone.ie when you log in (easier this way).

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I am on the unlimited weekend offer and I can see on the website that the data allowance for the offer (for data usage during the week) has now increased from 20GB to 25GB.

However the allowance I am getting still is 20GB.

Does anyone know if this will change automatically eventually, and if not if there is something I can do to get the 25GB going forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Bob24 wrote: »
    I am on the unlimited weekend offer and I can see on the website that the data allowance for the offer (for data usage during the week) has now increased from 20GB to 25GB.

Does anyone know if this will change automatically eventually, and if not if there is something I can do to get the 25GB going forward?

I just got a text from Vodafone saying it will kick in next time you top up by €20 in one go.

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I just got a text from Vodafone saying it will kick in next time you top up by €20 in one go.

Thanks. Just got the same text right now - I guess this changed recently and I was just a bit too impatient :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Topped up this morning and 25GB data on the text back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

matzen wrote: »

No issue with the account according to the chat. I've given up at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Nyum Nyum wrote: »

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I got vodafone x offer by phone from somebody in vodafone. Vodafone X unlimited weekends plus exclusive every time i top up 20euro im getting 10euro back on my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

4motion wrote: »
    I got vodafone x offer by phone from somebody in vodafone. Vodafone X unlimited weekends plus exclusive every time i top up 20euro im getting 10euro back on my account.

For a limited time?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

For a limited time?

Nobody sad anything for how lon but i got text message:
    "Your Vodafone Exclusive offer is active. From now you'll get €10 free credit every time you top up by €10 or more in one go."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

4motion wrote: »

Ha no way, ive missed a few calls from vodafone during work this week, wonder was it a similar call :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got onto live chat as on old student deal (they gave me to come back via a cold call) and only getting 15Gb of data and no chance of bumping me to the 25Gb

Telling me all the T&C of how to get Vodafone X and how I would lose my deal and how great it is

Still doesnt change the fact I need more data :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Plantronics headphones as part of the offer too for Vodafone x from looking at the website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Plantronics headphones as part of the offer too for Vodafone x from looking at the website now.

doubt there is any way for existing vodafone X customers to get those? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

doubt there is any way for existing vodafone X customers to get those? :(

Doubt it, they retail online for 120 dollars so not a bad deal for new customers.

Get another network sim and switch to the plan to get the headphones and ditch the sim

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭TetraSonic55

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Get another network sim and switch to the plan to get the headphones and ditch the sim

That's what I'll be doing so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭irishchris

Is there any way of doing this headfones offer online as no store in galway seem to have a clue about it

irishchris wrote: »
    Is there any way of doing this headfones offer online as no store in galway seem to have a clue about it

The T&Cs say it’s mandatory to go to the store.
    * Free pair of Plantronics BackBeat 505 wireless headphones available to customers who present accessory voucher in store when switching to any Vodafone X plan from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile). To complete the order process the customer must then enter the unique code provided by our staff in-store into the online Vodafone accessory portal and claim their free headphones.
    *Customers must top up by €20 in-store to be eligible for the offer

Not sure the reason, but it looks like to me the offer is intended to get people to physically go to the store and talk to a staff member.

Says online to show the shop assistant a screen shot of the deal, better hurry before they are all gone

• Advertisement

Regarding the headphones, my partner's daughter signed me up to Vodafone X at DCU a couple of weeks ago. I agreed to be ported to Vodafone via a message saying 'yes' on WhatsApp. Got the free headphones, and free month of X, now back to 3 I go :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    Regarding the headphones, my partner's daughter signed me up to Vodafone X at DCU a couple of weeks ago. I agreed to be ported to Vodafone via a message saying 'yes' on WhatsApp. Got the free headphones, and free month of X, now back to 3 I go :D

Strange to hand those out with no commitment. For whatever reason they must have an old stock they want to dump.

Strange to hand those out with no commitment. For whatever reason they must have an old stock they want to dump.

Most people will port and stay with Vodafone so they are gaining a customer

Where are these codes available in order to sign up?

Where are these codes available in order to sign up?

If you want the numbers to text for the different Vodafone x deals then it’s on the Vodafone website

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭xraylady

I see some people mentioned free month as well as the headphones. Where is that available? I want to go for X Music with the headphones but wouldn’t mind free month too!

xraylady wrote: »
    I see some people mentioned free month as well as the headphones. Where is that available? I want to go for X Music with the headphones but wouldn’t mind free month too!

You don’t want much lol
    Port to Vodafone in the Vodafone shop and you will get everything you mentioned provided they have any headphones left

If you want the numbers to text for the different Vodafone x deals then it’s on the Vodafone website

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

Got confused, thought it needed a flyer or code. Thanks

You don’t want much lol
    Port to Vodafone in the Vodafone shop and you will get everything you mentioned provided they have any headphones left

Vodafone phone and chat support were useless when it came to details on free headfones offer. I had to go into store where they didn't seem to have clue about it but eventually found the flyer for it. Once ported they give you a leaflet with a unique code which you can go online with and order the free pair of plantronic headfones.

Didn't have info on free month though? Is this applied automatically the second month or how does it work?

Vodafone phone and chat support were useless when it came to details on free headfones offer. I had to go into store where they didn't seem to have clue about it but eventually found the flyer for it. Once ported they give you a leaflet with a unique code which you can go online with and order the free pair of plantronic headfones.

Didn't have info on free month though? Is this applied automatically the second month or how does it work?

The offer states to go to a shop with the screenshot of the deal, why would chat or phone support be helping you ? It’s a call centre in the middle of nowhere.
    Free month comes in a few weeks and you get credit for registering your details on the Vodafone app

The offer states to go to a shop with the screenshot of the deal, why would chat or phone support be helping you ? It’s a call centre in the middle of nowhere.
    Free month comes in a few weeks and you get credit for registering your details on the Vodafone app

Cheers for the info in the free month. I originally rang two of the three stores in galeay as it is a 40km drive there are didn't want to arrive and not have the deal available. Two of the stores didn't have a clue of the offer and said they didn't think it existed. Told them it is online saying to call into stores but they both said well we don't have any codes here for it. Hence then tried contacting call centre/online to see why these stores didn't know anything of it. Thankfully in the third store one of the workers had taken in the codes as the other worker there didn't hear of offer. In end got it thankfully so happy to have got a 99€ set of headfones for free and now the extra month. Very impressed by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I was helping a friend to port to Vodafone for the X deal today. We got a free Eir sim in the Eir shop and then went across to the Vodafone shop for the X deal.

However, it wouldn't port with the free Eir Sim until she topped up (minimum €5) and made 3 x 1 minute calls on the Eir sim first. So, the Eir credit has to be effectively sacrificed for the Vodafone X deal.

It took quite a while to complete everything, so anyone else getting a free sim to port needs to be aware of the hoops. The headphones will be posted out and the free month will follow somewhere down the road is my understanding.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I was helping a friend to port to Vodafone for the X deal today. We got a free Eir sim in the Eir shop and then went across to the Vodafone shop for the X deal.

However, it wouldn't port with the free Eir Sim until she topped up (minimum €5) and made 3 x 1 minute calls on the Eir sim first. So, the Eir credit has to be effectively sacrificed for the Vodafone X deal.

It took quite a while to complete everything, so anyone else getting a free sim to port needs to be aware of the hoops. The headphones will be posted out and the free month will follow somewhere down the road is my understanding.

post mobile comes with a free month and is seamless to port, eir suck and i wouldnt even attempt to use their sim

post mobile comes with a free month and is seamless to port, eir suck and i wouldnt even attempt to use their sim

If I'm pointing anyone towards the deal again I'll use that network, thanks. I presume you can get one free at any post office?

If I'm pointing anyone towards the deal again I'll use that network, thanks. I presume you can get one free at any post office?

Delivered by post next working day

• Advertisement

Delivered by post next working day

Thanks - maybe I'm bamboozled after the day we had faffing with sims and phones, but I can't find the free sim only online with Post Mobile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I received a text from Vodafone today stating the cost of the Spotify offer is increasing next month from €5 to €9!

I've cancelled mine I'll revert to boards family account

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I received a text from Vodafone today stating the cost of the Spotify offer is increasing next month from €5 to €9!

I will stick to Free Spotify :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

IrishHomer wrote: »

Just sign up to the X music offer and top up by 20 euro.

I will stick to Free Spotify :D

I don’t think it will last for much longer tbh.

Spotify is probably absorbing most of the revenue loss here as a way to expend market share, with very little cost to Vodafone if any. But this is not something they will do forever and as soon as they tell Vodafone that they need to see money coming their way for each of these “free” subscriptions, Vodafone will probably pass most of the bill to the end customer.

I think that is what happened with the price increase reported above.

I don’t think it will last for much longer tbh.

Spotify is probably absorbing most of the revenue loss here as a way to expend market share, with very little cost to Vodafone if any. But this is not something they will do forever and as soon as they tell Vodafone that they need to see money coming their way for each of these “free” subscriptions, Vodafone will probably pass most of the bill to the end customer.

I think that is what happened with the price increase reported above.

Nah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Free headphones offer sounds great. Quick question: I have an Éir sim.... if I port over to Vodafone X and avail of the headphone offer, do I need to buy credit to do so..... and if I do buy credit, can I give it away to someone else who’s on Vodafone? Or can I just port over, get the flyer for headphones and top up at a later date?

You shouldn’t have to buy credit but you can send it to another Vodafone customer if you do

Free headphones offer sounds great. Quick question: I have an r sim.... if I port over to Vodafone X and avail of the headphone offer, do I need to buy credit to do so..... and if I do buy credit, can I give it away to someone else who’s on Vodafone? Or can I just port over, get the flyer for headphones and top up at a later date?

If you want the headphones, you have to buy the deal at €20 and pay in store. This isn't credit as such - it pays for the X month.

Unfortunately, Vodafone no longer allow you to send spare credit to another customer, even if the deal had any credit leftover.

• Advertisement

Guess I'm just lucky, because....

I have ported from Eir to Vodafone with a free SIM from Eir, and no credit ever having been put on it. All I had to do was receive a call on the number in-store.
    If you want the headphones, you have to buy the deal at €20 and pay in store. This isn't credit as such - it pays for the X month.

Unfortunately, Vodafone no longer allow you to send spare credit to another customer, even if the deal had any credit leftover.

I got free headphones, and a free month of X without paying a cent towards anything.

Advertisement