Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Basil3 wrote: »
    Guess I'm just lucky, because....

I have ported from Eir to Vodafone with a free SIM from Eir, and no credit ever having been put on it. All I had to do was receive a call on the number in-store.

I got free headphones, and a free month of X without paying a cent towards anything.

I asked about the free month and they said something about offers for that in Universities for students but I got the code for the headphones.

Do I top up with the 20 euro first and then text to opt in to Sport for example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

tony1980 wrote: »
    I asked about the free month and they said something about offers for that in Universities for students but I got the code for the headphones.

Do I top up with the 20 euro first and then text to opt in to Sport for example?

Text for the offer first and then top up

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Text for the offer first and then top up

How do I text without the credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

There is normally 50c credit on the sim to allow you to get set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I have ported from Eir to Vodafone with a free SIM from Eir, and no credit ever having been put on it. All I had to do was receive a call on the number in-store.

I got free headphones, and a free month of X without paying a cent towards anything.

The Vodafone rep in the shop we visited yesterday implied that Eir was preventing the number being ported over without a top-up first and the aforementioned 3 calls - she did ring the Eir number from the shop without a problem, but the port was rejected by Eir, according to her. This was confirmed by the Eir shop we then bought the credit from, so who knows? Perhaps they've tightened up the rules since?

Vodafone also then refused to consider giving us the headphone offer/paperwork without paying the €20 first. The free month of Vodafone X will be credited somewhere down the line, she assured us. Unfortunately, you're stuck with whatever these particular shops insist on - we have no other Vodafone or Eir outlet within 50 miles.

• Advertisement

There is normally 50c credit on the sim to allow you to get set up

I just get not delivered when I try text it to the number they provided on the leaflet for some reason. I am texting Sport to 50222

Not sure what the other response to me from the other person is about. I asked a question and I’m told I don’t like the answer. Very strange response, I must have upset them somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Following on from having to top up a free Eir sim to get the X headphone deal. I've just checked with my local post office about a free sim for Post Mobile - no joy, as I'm told I must pay €20 top-up to get it :confused:

I'd be interested to know if people are very recently managing to get this Vodafone X headphone deal with a free sim/no top-up from another provider - and from where exactly?

Or do these various outlets make up their own rules as they go along, since so many people seem to be experiencing different results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What store was that? Liffey Valley insisted on me calling them last time I ported a number to them.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    What store was that? Liffey Valley insisted on me calling them last time I ported a number to them.

Now that I think about it, it was when I ported to Vodafone to get my Huawei P8 Lite, and that was done in Carphone Warehouse in Nutgrove.

For the Vodafone X deal, I ported with a 3 SIM that had zero credit on it (but has had credit in the past). As mentioned earlier in the thread, I wasn't even present for it. Someone else said that I wanted to port to Vodafone, I confirmed via a Whatsapp message, and it was done.

Just sums up how it's luck of the draw who you get processing a port on any given day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

tony1980 wrote: »
    I just get not delivered when I try text it to the number they provided on the leaflet for some reason. I am texting Sport to 50222

Not sure what the other response to me from the other person is about. I asked a question and I’m told I don’t like the answer. Very strange response, I must have upset them somehow.

The very same happened to me I had to top up by a fiver before the text would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I pay E20 for the student deal ( 15gb data unlimited texts), had to wipe my phone recently and lost details of the text I need to send each month to avail of unlimited calls for e15- anyone able to advise me?

I pay E20 for the student deal ( 15gb data unlimited texts), had to wipe my phone recently and lost details of the text I need to send each month to avail of unlimited calls for e15- anyone able to advise me?

Text TALK to 50233 or buy it via the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Text TALK to 50233 or buy it via the app.

You're a star had seen the app option today but only ever did the text method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get this headphones deal then go back to your original provider without topping up? I got a good discount on a P20 Lite and a code for the headphones but would prefer to go back to Tesco mobile as the rest of the family are with Tesco

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

For anyone who ordered their headphones, approximately how long did it take for your order to process/ ship. I ported over my number on Friday, placed my order online and was advised that I would receive an email as to when they’ll ship. However, I’ve had no update since.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

order day plus 2 days for headphones to be delivered, you don't get email about your items getting shipped, it just appears in your mailbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I ported last week and when I went to order my headphones it told me my code was invalid 🙠I contacted them but still waiting on follow up. I just hope they won't sell out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

For anyone who ordered their headphones, approximately how long did it take for your order to process/ ship. I ported over my number on Friday, placed my order online and was advised that I would receive an email as to when they’ll ship. However, I’ve had no update since.

You will have them today (Tuesday). Ordered mine on a Friday also and received in Tuesday post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks for the replies, my headphones arrived today - delighted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

This seemed better than the expired 'Student' deal I'm on because Spotify is included. I'm assuming you get to spend the €20 credit on add-ons in addition to the stated bundles?

• Advertisement

groom wrote: »
    This seemed better than the expired 'Student' deal I'm on because Spotify is included. I'm assuming you get to spend the €20 credit on add-ons in addition to the stated bundles?

No the 20 credit is used to activate the offer so you have a balance of zero after topping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

On the Student X deal and got €20 free credit from Vodafone for my birthday, can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

heffo500 wrote: »
    On the Student X deal and got €20 free credit from Vodafone for my birthday, can't argue with that.

Yes got the same a while ago. Since must of what I don’t is part for the bundle that credit will do me for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

I got the extra 5 GB allowance on the VF X deal but my son( I pay his e20 ) didn't receive the offer, wondering if any other person on here is in the same predicament,ie 2 ppl on vodaphone x from the same house ,yet one was only offered the free5 GB? ( Handy for a young person who) I never go over ,he always does

I got the extra 5 GB allowance on the VF X deal but my son( I pay his e20 ) didn't receive the offer, wondering if any other person on here is in the same predicament,ie 2 ppl on vodaphone x from the same house ,yet one was only offered the free5 GB? ( Handy for a young person who) I never go over ,he always does

The extra 5GB is only for the unlimited weekend plan. Maybe you’re on that one and he’s on the Spotify or Sky Sports one?

Bob24 wrote: »

The extra 5GB is only for the unlimited weekend plan. Maybe you’re on that one and he’s on the Spotify or Sky Sports one?
    ahhhhh,thank you,yes he's on Spotify,so didn't receive it,wasted my time on PAYG customer care yesterday for an hour ( silly boy) but as a VF home broadband and 2 PAYG in the house thought I'd be able to persuade them to give him the extra 5 GB also, again thanks for clearing that up for us.

My credit is out in 3 days, if I top up today do I lose those 3 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

My credit is out in 3 days, if I top up today do I lose those 3 days?

Yes, any remaining plan balances go to zero and a new 28 days starts (unless top up is LESS than 20).

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Yes, any remaining plan balances go to zero and a new 28 days starts (unless top up is LESS than 20).

Thanks for that, I'll wait until the last day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'll wait until the last day.

I set up a recurring top up.Its on the Vodafone app,handiest option.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I set up a recurring top up.Its on the Vodafone app,handiest option.

Would that make it tricky if you wanted to change plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Can't see how ,just cancel the recurring top up whenever you want.

Just text through whatever plan you want to change to, and it will switch to that on the next top-up

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

How do you add your DOB? Is it possible via the myvodafone app

How do you add your DOB? Is it possible via the myvodafone app

No need, it's open to everyone now. Not only students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Was thinking more for freebie €20 credit

Was thinking more for freebie €20 credit

Can do it via the desktop site on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I was asked to show student I'd card yesterday in Dundrum vodafone shop ?!

Tom
    Ps. I moved to vodafone X my and wife number no problem in other shop.

Tom

People get told different things due to human error I’ve noticed
    Best option is to get the SIM card and sort the deal out yourself rather than asking a shop assistant to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I've a feeling I've a dodgy sim or something but I'm finding Vodafone signal to be terrible. Way worse than Eir which doesn't feel right.

Anybody else have issues?

Kilkenny /Waterford area.

• Advertisement

Tom

The Vodafone website and T&Cs have always clearly mentioned that Vodafone X is for students and U25s only.

It is not a problem for non-students to get the offer overall and I suspect they have been voluntarily lax about their own rule as it is a good way to gain new customers - but technically the staff in Dundrum was just enforcing what is written on Vodafone’s own documentation.

See the T&Cs here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html

Under the “Vodafone X from April 1 2019” section (i.e. a recent update and not some outdated terms), it clearly says:
    1. Eligibility: This Offer is only available to new and existing Vodafone customers that are students or under the age of 25. This Offer has been specifically created for students/under 25s with a valid student card or ID. For age verification purposes you will be asked to provide valid proof of age as Vodafone may require. Student offers are standard practice and are regularly seen across many businesses e.g. student travel cards, retail and cinema discounts.

Most Vodafone shops had banners saying the offer is open to all, the person in dundrum was probably just out of 2 day Vodafone school and being a jobsworth

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Most Vodafone shops had banners saying the offer is open to all, the person in dundrum was probably just out of 2 day Vodafone school and being a jobsworth

The T&Cs and website have always clearly stated the opposite though, and they were updated recently with no change en extend the offer to everyone. So I’m not sure what the story is with those banners, but if they did have them they are in contradiction with the company’s own terms.

Bob24 wrote: »
    The T&Cs and website have always clearly stated the opposite though, and they were updated recently with no change en extend the offer to everyone. So I’m not sure what the story is with those banners, but if they did have them they are in contradiction with the company’s own terms.

Could be just to protect themselves from a storm of people switching but that didn’t seem to happen really, the €15 eir deal seems to be popular still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've a feeling I've a dodgy sim or something but I'm finding Vodafone signal to be terrible. Way worse than Eir which doesn't feel right.

PAYG network is poor. I've this offer on one phone, and my work one is a vodafone bill. Should be the exact same network signal on both but ill just about get 1 bar on Payg at the same time I've nearly full bars on the bill one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

PAYG network is poor. I've this offer on one phone, and my work one is a vodafone bill. Should be the exact same network signal on both but ill just about get 1 bar on Payg at the same time I've nearly full bars on the bill one.

Are they the same phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

It's the same network.

disagree,mine in Carrigaline ( piss poor area for eir/ metror) has my speed at 25 mb plus normally, highest at 47

disagree,mine in Carrigaline ( piss poor area for eir/ metror) has my speed at 25 mb plus normally, highest at 47
    That's VF I'm on about

• Advertisement
Advertisement