Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

People have said on hot deals website for ages how Vodafone in the U.K. have different tiers depending on wether you’re bill pay or what level of rolling contract deal you have, some can’t even get 4g in central London on the cheap plan, I’m guessing it’s the same here but I’ve no issues since moving from bill pay to this plan

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭bobgaf

Regarding two phones with same provider on different plans, swap the SIMs across the phones. If the poor reception persists on prepay and decent reception holds on billpay across the phone swap, there's something in what you have suggested. More likely that one phone is better as regards 2G/3G/4G performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Has anyone noticed that being on this plan has blocked access to 'ahem' "certain sites"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that being on this plan has blocked access to 'ahem' "certain sites"?

Nope

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

My first month is due to expire tomorrow. Do I need to top up just before it expires or just top up the 20 again tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

tony1980 wrote: »
    My first month is due to expire tomorrow. Do I need to top up just before it expires or just top up the 20 again tomorrow?

Following on from this can you top up,then not top up for a few weeks or months letting X lapse and then automatically be back on it for another month if you top up a few weeks or months later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

CoBo55 wrote: »

Never caused trouble for me, but I think Vodafone has some type of content filter enabled by default for prepaid offers which you can have removed by showing a proof of age/ID at one of their stores (or emailing it to customer service).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Found that i can use all the extra unused credit to pay for a Disney life subscription for the kids ! Saves a fortune on dvds.

Found that i can use all the extra unused credit to pay for a Disney life subscription for the kids ! Saves a fortune on dvds.

How do you have unused credit ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

He got same deal as me every 20e top up i got 10 back to my account. Im using it to put items on donedeal.

4motion wrote: »
    He got same deal as me every 20e top up i got 10 back to my account. Im using it to put items on donedeal.

Ah right
    I have a phone in the house on the data user plan and that has a stupid amount of credit on it

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How do you have unused credit ?

I got a text saying ill get €10 extra credit every time i top up by €10 or more. So i top up by 20 to get the offer then they give me €10 extra.

I also got a free €20 and €10 bonus at the start for and free month and signing up bonus. Had 40 something credit not being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Nibs05

I was told by web chat this is now for students only and closed for all other people.

Nibs05 wrote: »
    I was told by web chat this is now for students only and closed for all other people.

They are full of ****.

Nibs05 wrote: »

No need to go on web chat, the operators are just reading a prepared script.
    Text the code for the Vodafone x deal you want wether it’s sport music or weekend and top up by €20 and you’re sorted.
    If you don’t have a sim then order one here

https://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/mobile/checkout/cart.jsp?_requestid=217

Or visit your local Vodafone shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

bobgaf wrote: »
    Regarding two phones with same provider on different plans, swap the SIMs across the phones. If the poor reception persists on prepay and decent reception holds on billpay across the phone swap, there's something in what you have suggested. More likely that one phone is better as regards 2G/3G/4G performance.

I've this sim in slot 1 and my business VF sim in slot 2, slot 1 regularly has better coverage, but if I swap sims, the business sim will get the better coverage more often.
    Its all down to the phone, this plan has as good coverage as any other VF sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Snotty wrote: »
    I've this sim in slot 1 and my business VF sim in slot 2, slot 1 regularly has better coverage, but if I swap sims, the business sim will get the better coverage more often.
    Its all down to the phone, this plan has as good coverage as any other VF sim.

Would Comreg allow them to filter quality on the network? Thought that would be illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I got a text saying ill get €10 extra credit every time i top up by €10 or more. So i top up by 20 to get the offer then they give me €10 extra.

I also got a free €20 and €10 bonus at the start for and free month and signing up bonus. Had 40 something credit not being used.

Hmm, how does one get that text?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Would Comreg allow them to filter quality on the network? Thought that would be illegal?

Illegal? What would be illegal, offering 2 levels of service, that's the sales models of most companies, unless they are breaking a contract term or a advertised specification, then I don't see how filtering could be illegal.
    I dont believe VF are filtering based on my 2 VF sims

Snotty wrote: »
    Illegal? What would be illegal, offering 2 levels of service, that's the sales models of most companies, unless they are breaking a contract term or a advertised specification, then I don't see how filtering could be illegal.
    I dont believe VF are filtering based on my 2 VF sims

i dont think they are in this country but they are in the uk

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Hmm, how does one get that text?

Not sure it just arrived a few weeks after signing up. So i got it for the second month top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks for all the help and advice on this thread!

Ported from Eir a few days ago - the service there is completely gone to pot and out west at the weekend had no service a load of the time.

VF's draconian data allowances always put me off but at least these 'X' offers are usable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help and advice on this thread!

Ported from Eir a few days ago - the service there is completely gone to pot and out west at the weekend had no service a load of the time.

VF's draconian data allowances always put me off but at least these 'X' offers are usable.
    VF are far superior in every way compared to eir, customer care,data speeds , coverage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

VF are far superior in every way compared to eir, customer care,data speeds , coverage etc

I hate Eir but I'm disagreeing with this at the moment.

I'm going to move on from Vodafone next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I would have said the same but I’m having trouble with Vodafone calls at the moment. People calling but phone not ringing, then a text many minutes later. It’s happening several times a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I would have said the same but I’m having trouble with Vodafone calls at the moment. People calling but phone not ringing, then a text many minutes later. It’s happening several times a week.

Also happening to me and I thought it was the phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

Ah, back again I see!

might be time for a new SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Maybe in your cush neck of the woods, but not here in the mid West
    Crap data coverage and calls. Tried them and gone back to Eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

VF are far superior in every way compared to Eir, customer care,data speeds , coverage etc

Vodaphone are not superior in customer service, although their service is excellent. They do have occasional downtime but it is very reliable service. In fact vodaphone is inferior in customer service, although they do have good customer service from their agents in Egypt and abroad but lately that has been transferred to northern Ireland and this is not as good as Eir customer service.

Eir provide a reliable service and have better customer care, however they are Eir so you do not get what you pay for.

Example of a broadband plan:

Vodaphone promise 100Mb and they deliver 100Mb
    Eir promise 100MB and they deliver 49MB!

They restrict it to 49mb and Why they do this i have no idea but it makes them very hard to choose over vodaphone when in the same price range.

For broadband customer service.
    Absolutely no comparison, Eir is much friendlier and better organised and can get an engineer to your premises whereas Vodaphone can not or will not pay for engineers if you have a problem, when it comes to infrastructure then Eir is far more reliable.

• Advertisement

pirelli wrote: »
    Vodaphone are not superior in customer service, although their service is excellent. They do have occasional downtime but it is very reliable service. In fact vodaphone is inferior in customer service, although they do have good customer service from their agents in Egypt and abroad but lately that has been transferred to northern Ireland and this is not as good as Eir customer service.

Eir provide a reliable service and have better customer care, however they are Eir so you do not get what you pay for.

Example of a broadband plan:

Vodaphone promise 100Mb and they deliver 100Mb
    Eir promise 100MB and they deliver 49MB!

They restrict it to 49mb and Why they do this i have no idea but it makes them very hard to choose over vodaphone when in the same price range.

For broadband customer service.
    Absolutely no comparison, Eir is much friendlier and better organised and can get an engineer to your premises whereas Vodaphone can not or will not pay for engineers if you have a problem, when it comes to infrastructure then Eir is far more reliable.

This is a thread for Vodafone X which has nothing to do with any broadband service
    Eir mobile customer service sucks

This is a thread for Vodafone X which has nothing to do with any broadband service
    Eir mobile customer service sucks

The latter was just an example of the two services, Vodaphone mobile Customer service is not better than Eir mobile customer service.

There is this predetermined idea about Eir that allows people to see it with a prejudice or bias. This clouds the evidence. Eir has many different flaws as does vodaphone but the mobile customer service of vodaphone and Eir are not very different. In fact some days I would say Eir is slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

pirelli wrote:
    The latter was just an example of the two services, Vodaphone mobile Customer service is not better than Eir mobile customer service.

Vodafone..

There is this predetermined idea about Eir that allows people to see it with a prejudice or bias. This clouds the evidence. Eir has many different flaws as does vodaphone but the mobile customer service of vodaphone and Eir are not very different. In fact some days I would say Eir is slightly better.

That’s just your opinion and nobody cares, I’ve been with Vodafone for years and the customer service for the mobile is top notch but that’s just my opinion and nobody cares about that either, we just want a good deal and good service and for the majority Vodafone works
    Please try and spell Vodafone right if you’re going to slag them off
    The eir appreciation thread isn’t here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

That’s just your opinion and nobody cares, I’ve been with Vodafone for years and the customer service for the mobile is top notch but that’s just my opinion and nobody cares about that either, we just want a good deal and good service and for the majority Vodafone works

Can second their customer service, always get through to them through the chat in the app, issues are always immediately solved. Never had a bad dealing with them yet, can't say the same for eir or Three though.

orm0nd wrote: »

Pity that bud,was awfullllll here as well for years

orm0nd wrote: »

Pity that bud,was awfullllll here as well for years
    that's all companies,but fir the last 3/4 VF are great,siro and mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

If you are an existing Vodafone customer you can switch to these plans by sending a txt.

I wanted the weekend one so I txt WEEKEND to 50222 (MUSIC, SPORT for the others) and I was switched over in 5 minutes.

If you are an existing Vodafone customer you can switch to these plans by sending a txt.

I wanted the weekend one so I txt WEEKEND to 50222 (MUSIC, SPORT for the others) and I was switched over in 5 minutes.

I’m surprised it took 5 minutes tbh I told someone about the Spotify one and it was instant, quick text back and then top up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

First of, while not Vodafone X, this might be useful for people who are light data users, but makes lots of calls:

Chat Extra €20 topup
    - 5GB of data
    - Unlimited calls and texts

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans.html

How do you do that? Can you use unused credit to buy that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Be careful with Chat Extra and the advertised 5GB. There was a thread recently in Vodafone forum from someone who opted in but only got 1GB and were told that 5GB data was only for new-to-Vodafone customers.
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/110138360

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Be careful with Chat Extra and the advertised 5GB. There was a thread recently in Vodafone forum from someone who opted in but only got 1GB and were told that 5GB data was only for new-to-Vodafone customers.
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/110138360
    I and lots of others got an extra 5GB of data monthly each time we top up ( free) but not everyone was lucky, my son who i subscribed same week as me never got it

What are all the Vodafone X plans and the text you send to get on them? I'm not interested in the music one or the weekend one
    More so interested in data

Mortelaro wrote: »
    What are all the Vodafone X plans and the text you send to get on them? I'm not interested in the music one or the weekend one
    More so interested in data

The weekend one comes with most data.

Clicking the image in first post bring you to the full list and instructions on how to sign up to each.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

Can you use existing credit to activate your first month? Or do you have to top up by another €20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Can you use existing credit to activate your first month? Or do you have to top up by another €20?

You must top up.

rizzee wrote: »
    You must top up.

Before you send the text or after
    Thanks

Before you send the text or after
    Thanks

After

Tomatoe or Tomato and why do you care so much about not caring.

Fone is informal slang for phone so please don't try claim that Tomato is the correct spelling for Tomatoe. It is perfectly reasonable to call it by the formal name vodaphone.

My opinion does matter, and I have a wealth of experience with Vodafone Customer care. They have failings in area's where Eir have strengths. Eir just need a gentle kick in the backside to be equally as competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

...I have a wealth of experience with Vodafone Customer care. They have failings in area's where Eir have strengths. Eir just need a gentle kick in the backside to be equally as competitive.

Eir outsourced their customer care and it was such a complete disaster that they were forced to bring it back in house. That process is now complete, so cuts are should improve greatly.

@BK my wife moved to VF and chat extra. It appears she only got 1GB of data, from checking the phone usage. This will be a good test of VF customer care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement