Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Eir outsourced their customer care and it was such a complete disaster that they were forced to bring it back in house. That process is now complete, so cuts are should improve greatly.

@BK my wife moved to VF and chat extra. It appears she only got 1GB of data, from checking the phone usage. This will be a good test of VF customer care.
    She doesn't need to contact customer care, just needs to text to opt-in to whichever x plan she wants and then top up again.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

pirelli wrote:
    Tomatoe or Tomato and why do you care so much about not caring.

pirelli wrote:
    Fone is informal slang for phone so please don't try claim that Tomato is the correct spelling for Tomatoe. It is perfectly reasonable to call it by the formal name vodaphone.

It is tomato. Tomatoes is the plural form. Also the company is called Vodafone not Vodaphone. Why would it be reasonable to spell it incorrectly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

pirelli wrote: »
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    That’s just your opinion and nobody cares, I’ve been with Vodafone for years and the customer service for the mobile is top notch but that’s just my opinion and nobody cares about that either, we just want a good deal and good service and for the majority Vodafone works
    Please try and spell Vodafone right if you’re going to slag them off
    The eir appreciation thread isn’t here lol

Tomatoe or Tomato and why do you care so much about not caring.

Fone is informal slang for phone so please don't try claim that Tomato is the correct spelling for Tomatoe. It is perfectly reasonable to call it by the formal name vodaphone.

My opinion does matter, and I have a wealth of experience with Vodafone Customer care. They have failings in area's where Eir have strengths. Eir just need a gentle kick in the backside to be equally as competitive.
    Lads lads VF should do for everyone , VF is a nice easy don't get your knickers in a twist 2( two) letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Vodafone coverage has certainly improved in my area(sth Wicklow) with 4 bars of 4G
    Previously it used be edge at best

As for customer service,she wishes me a happy birthday and I was given a €20 bonus credit for my birthday
    Cannot complain

Is there anything that can be used for other than phone usage btw?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Vodafone coverage has certainly improved in my area(sth Wicklow) with 4 bars of 4G

As for customer service,she wishes me a happy birthday and I was given a €20 bonus credit for my birthday
    Cannot complain

Spotify etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mortelaro wrote: »

Cannot complain

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057869861

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

What’s the best plan for family and kids, I have them on All you can eat SIM only plans with Eir, but cost has gone up to 30€ a month.
    Thinking of going Pat as you go, but can I do a direct debit for that as dont want hassle of having to manually go to the shop or do top ups?

What are the best options?

ctlsleh wrote: »
    What’s the best plan for family and kids, I have them on All you can eat SIM only plans with Eir, but cost has gone up to 30€ a month.
    Thinking of going Pat as you go, but can I do a direct debit for that as dont want hassle of having to manually go to the shop or do top ups?

What are the best options?

Do they need many minutes/texts?

You can switch them to payg and set auto-topup linked to a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Do they need many minutes/texts?

You can switch them to payg and set auto-topup linked to a debit card.

Mainly data, they don’t use many minutes or texts

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Mainly data, they don’t use many minutes or texts

If 20gb is enough each month then I'd move them to Vodafone X music for €20 topup every 28 days. This would include Spotify premium too.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Is it possible to purchase an add on for roaming in the USA when you are on this plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

tony1980 wrote: »
    Is it possible to purchase an add on for roaming in the USA when you are on this plan?

The only one I know of is the daily RED Roaming add on for €2.99 a day (200MB data + unlimited calls/texts).

If you're going for more than a few days it might be worth picking up a UK SIM to use data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

The only one I know of is the daily RED Roaming add on for €2.99 a day (200MB data + unlimited calls/texts).

If you're going for more than a few days it might be worth picking up a UK SIM to use data.

Thanks. I will definitely pick up that sim but won't have it on time for this trip. I am going back in September, so I will have it for then at least. I see NY has free wifi called Link NYC which I will try with Nord-VPN for this trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: From 02/12/2019 your Vodafone X Music plan is changing and Spotify Premium will no longer be included. After this date, if you still would like to continue to enjoy all the benefits of Spotify Premium you will need to opt in to the Spotify Premium add-on at an additional charge of € 5 per month (standard retail price € 9.99). You can opt into this this add on by clicking here: http://l2m.me/kljrerhi. For more information see http://www.vodafone.ie/vfx-support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: From 20/02/2020 your Vodafone X Music plan is changing and Spotify Premium will no longer be included. After this date, if you still would like to continue to enjoy all the benefits of Spotify Premium you will need to opt in to the Spotify Premium add-on at an additional charge of € 5 per month (standard retail price € 9.99). You can opt into this this add on by clicking here: http://l2m.me/kljrerhi. For more information see http://www.vodafone.ie/vfx-support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Etnies wrote: »

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: From 02/12/2019 your Vodafone X Music plan is changing and Spotify Premium will no longer be included. After this date, if you still would like to continue to enjoy all the benefits of Spotify Premium you will need to opt in to the Spotify Premium add-on at an additional charge of € 5 per month (standard retail price € 9.99). You can opt into this this add on by clicking here: http://l2m.me/kljrerhi. For more information see http://www.vodafone.ie/vfx-support.

This was always going to happen TBH ... I actually mentioned it was coming and explained why in that post back in April: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109887147&postcount=753

Basically Vodafone can't take the financial hit of paying Spotify for that "free" subscription on the customer's behalf for a small 20 euros prepay plan which already offers more data that other similarly priced prepaid offers, and Spofity was always going to take that hit only for a limited time as a marketing strategy to gain market shares, but eventually they want to see money coming their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Why are we all getting different dates? Mine says 'from 19/10/19'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Mine's ending in November :( Extra annoyed because I was in a group on this site where we all paid 30 each to have a Spotify family... and I left them for this Vodafone offer. Annoyed

• Advertisement

fifth wrote: »

Possibly Spotify had a commitment to Vodafone to provide the service for free for each customer starting when the customer subscribed and renewed on a rolling basis every 3 or 6 months. So as Spotify informed Vodafone they will stop renewing these going forward, each customer is losing access at the end of their current period.

Just my guess ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is the €5 price exclusive to the Music sub? If it's for any Vodafone customer, then no benefit to the Music sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I received the same text. I'm going to have a look around to see if there are any other deals that will be worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

I went onto the vodafone chat
    here is what i found out

Vodafone
    If you still wish to use Spotify, you will need to stay on the same plan and buy the Spotify add on for €5.

Me
    So i will be topping up my €20 offer but will need to top up an extra €5 for the spotify add on?

Vodafone
    Yes, that's right. You will be able to get Spotify Premium for €5 instead of €9.99

Me
    Would i still be able to get Spotify for €5 f i was to change the plan and purchases Spotify as a add in?

Vodafone
    You will need to stay on same plan to get the Spotify add on for €5.

Me
    Will there be any other benefits on the current plan once spotify is gone?

Vodafone
    As of now, we are unaware of the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

yet to get my text informing me of the change

*edit spoke to soon. looks like it will deduct from current credit. have about 60 built up so ill have some time to look around and see if there are any other offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Bugger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is it same with Sky Sports? Currently have Spotify and don't fancy paying 5er extra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

September 28th for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭EletricMan

If you look at the Vodafone X new plan it says Spotify free for the first 6 month's and 5euro thereafter, what's stopping us from just signing up to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

EletricMan wrote: »
    If you look at the Vodafone X new plan it says Spotify free for the first 6 month's and 5euro thereafter, what's stopping us from just signing up to that.

Probably haven't updated it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd guess it's because people have different roll over dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

EletricMan wrote: »
    I would imagine nothing if you port out to sir and the back into vf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

September 28th for me.

Same for me. I was in on it pretty quickly after Vodafone X was launched so think we are getting the boot first!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Unlimited data on the weekends for €20 a month then paying €10 for Spotify (paying directly to Spotify) seems a decent solution basically paying an extra €70 a year to Spotify and getting unlimited data on weekends in your vodafone deal.

Vodafone X Music + €5 Spotify = €310 a year
    Vodafone X Weekends + €10 Spotify = €380 a year

I'd pay for this Vodafone €5 Spotify deal but what's the chance that they'll change it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Also does anyone know if the Vodafone X Music €5 Spotify deal will continue if you are no longer a student?

I plan to graduate next year I'd imagine they'd stop the deal once you are no longer a student?

I'd pay for this Vodafone €5 Spotify deal but what's the chance that they'll change it again?

I'd say that one is pretty safe, as this is the price Spotify is offering to all students anyway and basically Vodafone is just acting as a reselling agent here: https://www.spotify.com/ie/student/

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭theintern

Also does anyone know if the Vodafone X Music €5 Spotify deal will continue if you are no longer a student?

I plan to graduate next year I'd imagine they'd stop the deal once you are no longer a student?
    A lot of people signed up who weren't students, so don't worry about it.

Technically it should stop, but in practice they are very unlikely to do it as they don't want to lose a customer over this - they even voluntarily turn a blind eye to allowed people who don't qualify to sign-up.

And they know that in the long term people will naturally move away from the plan anyway, as data usage keeps growing and the 20GB allowance which is good today will become very restrictive and non-competitive in a few years time.

massy086 wrote:
    I would imagine nothing if you port out to sir and the back into vf

I'm 60 so reckon you'll be ok ,thumbs up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Unlimited data on the weekends for €20 a month then paying €10 for Spotify (paying directly to Spotify) seems a decent solution basically paying an extra €70 a year to Spotify and getting unlimited data on weekends in your vodafone deal.

Vodafone X Music + €5 Spotify = €310 a year
    Vodafone X Weekends + €10 Spotify = €380 a year

Somehow I have unlimited data at the weekends AND spotify, no idea how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I got a different text saying my plan is changing to include 6 months Spotify premium subject to a monthly top up of EUR 20.00

The link they sent with the text confirms I will get 6 months free before I'll have to pay the extra EUR 5.00. I've been on the plan for 2 years so don't know why some are being told free Spotify expires this September

• Advertisement

"Vodafone X Music now offers 6 months inclusive access to Spotify Premium (subject to €20 top up per month). 6 month inclusive period counts from the first time activation of Vodafone X Music Spotify promo.

Once your 6 month inclusive period has expired, if you would like to continue to enjoy all the benefits of Spotify Premium for €5 a month (standard retail price €9.99), please enter your mobile phone number below and submit your request to continue to use Spotify Premium paid add on.

Please note that in order to avail of the discounted €5 Spotify Premium add on, you will need to top up €20 per month to renew your Vodafone X Music plan, and have an additional €5 balance which will be deducted for the add on.

Mobile number

Valid
    Choose your preference
    I want to continue using Spotify Premium add on for €5 per month
    I want to stop using Spotify Premium at the end of the inclusive period
    I agree to Terms & Conditions"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I have my top up set as automatic every 28 days from my credit card. Do I just up that to 25 and it will work smoothly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

"Vodafone X Music now offers 6 months inclusive access to Spotify Premium (subject to €20 top up per month). 6 month inclusive period counts from the first time activation of Vodafone X Music Spotify promo.

Once your 6 month inclusive period has expired, if you would like to continue to enjoy all the benefits of Spotify Premium for €5 a month (standard retail price €9.99), please enter your mobile phone number below and submit your request to continue to use Spotify Premium paid add on.

Please note that in order to avail of the discounted €5 Spotify Premium add on, you will need to top up €20 per month to renew your Vodafone X Music plan, and have an additional €5 balance which will be deducted for the add on.

Mobile number

Valid
    Choose your preference
    I want to continue using Spotify Premium add on for €5 per month
    I want to stop using Spotify Premium at the end of the inclusive period
    I agree to Terms & Conditions"
    you might want 2 edit your number out of that post lol

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Can you subscribe to Spotify with 3 credit? their €20 AYCE deal lets you keep that credit, so would switch to them if it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Can you subscribe to Spotify with 3 credit? their €20 AYCE deal lets you keep that credit, so would switch to them if it does.
    It didn’t last time I checked but you can pay for YouTube music with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Unfortunately not :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭raxy

Not to Spotify but you can subscribe to Google music with 3 credit. Also 10/month

massy086 wrote: »
    you might want 2 edit your number out of that post lol

Can you or mods delete from quote plz

Spotify family thread lads

• Advertisement

Depending on you main location, keep in mind that switching to Three could be a serious downgrade in terms of data speeds. I was on Three before Vodafone and fed-up with very poor data performance in Dublin City centre, and the performance improvement was significant (video streaming went from pretty unusable at peak hours to near flawless).

Advertisement