Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Cables - iPhone and Watch

Options
  • 08-03-2017 7:43am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My wife got a new iPhone 7 and Apple Watch over Christmas. Last night the cable for each stopped working.

Did they usual. Tried different plugs. Tried USB ports. Checked different cables and the issue seems to be the cables.

I'll be in touch with Apple today but is this the kind of quality to expect from Apple cables these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

2 different cables stopped working at exactly the same time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

in close proximity to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

godtabh wrote: »
    in close proximity to each other

That would be strange. Where you using the same plug in both, charging using an extension lead or similar? I wonder if something else is the cause other than the cables.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Check for signs of corrosion on the contacts. If they got wet or were in a moist environment they may have shorted out. Otherwise Apple should replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Worth calling apple they can set up a repair for you. But will put a holding charge of the cables cost on your card to they get them back and look at them and test if you broke them you will have to pay but if they are not broke by you apple will refund you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Apple have replaced the watch cable. The iPhone cable is for a work phone and is assest ragged (why I don't know!) so has to go through work

Advertisement