Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELAYS AT FAIRYHOUSE ROUNDABOUT

Options
  • 08-03-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Just like the old days before the motorway was built...ten/fifteen minute delays on the approach from Dunshaughlin in the mornings. It all seems to have come about fairly suddenly so just wondering if anyone knows why.
    Would it be due to extra volume approaching the Facebook site, or are more drivers than usual from Trim avoiding the M3 toll for some reason?
    Or is it just Celtic Tiger Mark two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fme

Not so much related to Facebook - its largely due to the Shire construction site. This morning from Dunshaughlin was ok, yesterday was 10-15mins although there was a construction lorry stopped outside responsible for that.
    But yes, I expect things could get slower for a while - and even after the plant is built, I'm not sure how much extra traffic it will generate. It won't take much to get to tipping point.
    Hopefully it will balanced by encouraging those coming from beyond Tara to use the motorway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I've noted the traffic getting heavy in that area in the mornings and evenings. Has to be related to the plant as the bus lane is closed also. The main Round about of the M3 is getting ridiculous now, might have to start using the inside lane while taking the third exit :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Maysa07 wrote: »
    I've noted the traffic getting heavy in that area in the mornings and evenings. Has to be related to the plant as the bus lane is closed also. The main Round about of the M3 is getting ridiculous now, might have to start using the inside lane while taking the third exit :rolleyes:

Noooooooooooooo..................... don't do it!!!!! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

might have to start using the inside lane while taking the third exit :rolleyes:

You may as well, and join the rest of the muppets that do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I had the rare privilege of using it coming out of town during the week. Some guy in a white BMW SUV went all the way around the outside and took the R147 exit while remaining on the outside even though it's single vehicle only. Onto the smaller roundabout he goes and does 450 Degrees around it. All at a blistering pace. W**ker

• Advertisement
Advertisement