Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest fiber broadband (don't need TV, or phone)?

Options
  • 08-03-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for the cheapest fiber broadband (150Mb or greater) I don't need TV nor telephony services. I've checked my number and enabled for same. 

Also what are the upload speeds with same?

And the data allowance per month?

And is it a rolling 30 days for usage or is it a reset on a given date - like 1st of the month?

Many thanks.

PS - How long after ordering does it take to get the broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Interested also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

72hundred wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for the cheapest fiber broadband (150Mb or greater) I don't need TV nor telephony services. I've checked my number and enabled for same. 

And is it a rolling 30 days for usage or is it a reset on a given date - like 1st of the month?

Many thanks.

Hi  72hundred,

Thanks for getting in touch and your interest in joining eir.:D

Currently we are offering three different efibre to the home packages, 150mb, 300mb and 1000mb. A fair usage policy of 1TB applies to these packages and the usage would reset after each billing cycle. The current upload available would be up to 100mb.

A minimum 12-month contract for the standalone option applies to this package and the prices are as follows.

€55 - 150mb
    €63 - 300mb
    €75 -1000mb

If your interesting in ordering any of these packages our sales team would be more than happy to help you place an order on 1800503303 or you can chat with them here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

what the difference in the pricing options 
    is that faster download ?

Hi,

Many thanks.

Hi  72hundred,

Currently we are offering three different efibre to the home packages, 150mb, 300mb and 1000mb. A fair usage policy of 1TB applies to these packages and the usage would reset after each billing cycle. The current upload available would be up to 100mb.

A minimum 12-month contract for the standalone option applies to this package and the prices are as follows.

€55 - 150mb
    €63 - 300mb
    €75 -1000mb

If your interesting in ordering any of these packages our sales team would be more than happy to help you place an order on 1800503303 or you can chat with them here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Thanks for that info. 

Do you know if Visa Debit is accepted for contracts?

Also do you know what the lead time is on ordering? How long does it take from day ordered to internet at the residence. 

Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks for that info. 

Do you know if Visa Debit is accepted for contracts?

Also do you know what the lead time is on ordering? How long does it take from day ordered to internet at the residence. 

Thanks. 
    Yes it is indeed 72hundred.

It would depend on the bundle you order & if there is already a connection in your home. It can take anything from 10 working days to 20 working days.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela, 

I hope you can help. 

We ordered. Delighted etc - finally some proper broadband in the house etc. 

Received a call a day later (yesterday) from tech support that there "wasn't enough ports available" locally and we would have to wait for someone to cancel their subscription with Eir before we could get broadband????

Surely this can't be the case, its like something from early in the last century. Not to mention its seems a pretty prohibitive business practice to stifle growth. 

Thanks for your help in advance!

Bumpty bump bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi 72hundred,

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately, if there are no ports available for your connection we would be unable to give you this service until an existing customer terminates their services. 

I'm afraid we would have no way of knowing this until a technician goes on site.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Bumpty bump bump!
    That can happen with all providers. Try Sky or Vodafone, they use different ports within an exchange / cabinet, should be able to provide BB for you.

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi 72hundred,

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately, if there are no ports available for your connection we would be unable to give you this service until an existing customer terminates their services. 

I'm afraid we would have no way of knowing this until a technician goes on site.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Doesn't that limit your business? 

Like if want to sell burgers and I've a mile long queue and one fryer - I buy a second fryer! :p

• Advertisement

I do apologise. 

Unfortunately we would be unable to free up any ports as they are filled by existing customers and have no way of knowing this when placing an order.

Broadband is not a guaranteed service to any customer and if their is no ports available we would be unable to provide you with broadband until one becomes available. 

Thanks,
    Anna.

I think you missed the point of my earlier message. 

Hi 72hundred,

I completely understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to put more ports into the cabinet to give you this service.

I am genuinely sorry that I am unable to give you better news here.

Apologies,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your analogy was wrong though. 

Its more like what if I have 205 customers a day and a single grill serves 200/day. Do I buy another €5000 grill for those 5 customers? Nope.

They cant add one port, they have to add a whole line card, and possibly a new service unit to house it. Price of a small car. OpenEir wont throw away money on something that wont pay for itself within its working life. 

ED E wrote: »
    Your analogy was wrong though. 

Its more like what if I have 205 customers a day and a single grill serves 200/day. Do I buy another €5000 grill for those 5 customers? Nope.

They cant add one port, they have to add a whole line card, and possibly a new service unit to house it. Price of a small car. OpenEir wont throw away money on something that wont pay for itself within its working life. 
    In saying that prehaps Sky or VF have spare ports, so it is worth while checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Hi  72hundred,

€55 - 150mb
    €63 - 300mb
    €75 -1000mb

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi iam currently out of contract with eir
    I have stand alone fibre which is 50 euro a month I currently get 10 up load 35-40 down can I up grade to 150 mb for 55 a month?

Naughto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

In saying that prehaps Sky or VF have spare ports, so it is worth while checking.

You have to have a phone line to be with VF or sky you can't get stand alone viber.
    The only thing with standalone is that if you want to switch to sky VF down the line you have to get a landline first.

Hi naughto,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I would recommend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 603 and they will be more than happy to help and will be able to advise you of all of your options 

Thanks,
    Anna.

naughto wrote: »

You have to have a phone line to be with VF or sky you can't get stand alone viber.
    The only thing with standalone is that if you want to switch to sky VF down the line you have to get a landline first.
    True, a UAN transfer for the landline, and then they can check for BB ports

Advertisement