Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly question

Options
  • 08-03-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

My Mrs has been on a Tesco mobile 30 day contract for a few years. 1GB data, 300 mins and 300 texts for €10 a month. Did the trick until recently, as she no longer has access to wifi a lot of the time, and now frequently goes over the data limit. Guess what? the bill have shot up (€30 and €40 most months).

I see Tesco have a PAYG offer with 10GB data for €15 a month. It's only 3G but that doesn't bother her, and only Tesco to Tesco texts, but again not a big deal.

Haven't been on a PAYG tariff for years, my silly question is can you set up automatic top-ups so it works like a bill? Are there any other draw backs to moving to PAYG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Yes, you can set up recurring top-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭The Gardener

I'm on a similar plan to your Mrs, if she logs into her account or has the Tesco Mobile app she can set up recurring add ons which include 5gb data for €10 per month. They were good value plans and aren't available anymore so she may want to consider this route and stay with her plan albeit spending an extra tenner every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

I'm on a similar plan to your Mrs, if she logs into her account or has the Tesco Mobile app she can set up recurring add ons which include 5gb data for €10 per month. They were good value plans and aren't available anymore so she may want to consider this route and stay with her plan albeit spending an extra tenner every month.

Not a bad idea, somehow I can't shake the niggling feeling that the PAYG offer will have a catch, even though it does look better value on the face of it. Does anyone spot anything I'm not?

Advertisement