Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspex/Clear Plastic Beauty Storage Box

Options
  • 08-03-2017 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I remember a while ago Penneys doing a dupe of the better known Her Clutter Box, and people getting highly excited. I was probably in less of a mad make up phase at the time and my collection wasnt quite as out of control as it is now so I didnt see the need for one at the time.

The real deal does seem very expensive for what it is and I'd rather not spend €150 on a box, so does anyone know if either penneys will do these again or if there are some other value alternatives on the market?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Muji do a lot of different storage options including lovely storage drawers, mud range prices 20/30 each as far as I can remember, I bought two for about 50e two years ago and they're still going strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

GingerLily wrote: »
    Muji do a lot of different storage options including lovely storage drawers, mud range prices 20/30 each as far as I can remember, I bought two for about 50e two years ago and they're still going strong!

Muji, as in the Japanese stationary? I never would have thought of them, but I'll take a look, thanks!

Yes, they've a store in Dublin joy want to take a look in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm pretty sure I saw some of these boxes in my local Penneys (Sligo) recently in the past couple of weeks, so it might be worth looking again? They were about €4 iirc, I have one that's just two drawers that's pretty handy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

GingerLily wrote: »
    Yes, they've a store in Dublin joy want to take a look in person.

Yep, I've been in it before but not in ages and I wouldnt have thought of them for this specific purpose, so great suggestion.

From the looks of things I should be able to do pretty well. Ideally I'd like more subdivisions but maybe two types of boxes as you suggested is the answer.

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=39

• Advertisement

I went for a 3 and a 2 drawer option myself, they don't exactly fit but you really wouldn't notice. I plan to get a 1 drawer as that's a but deeper but I'm very lazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Home Store and More have them too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

You could also try TK Maxx, I know they do the lipstick holders, I would imagine they would do the plastic storage boxes also. Would you get something like that in Ikea also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Penneys in Liffey Valley and Dundrum still have them as of a few days ago

Advertisement