Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather fragrance split €55/30ml. Updated 13/3 post 19 - second split

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Got my Creed samples just now

Aventus
    Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya's
    Erolfa
    Silver Mounts Water
    Pure White Cologne

I usually get too many samples so lose the ability to really sniff the scent.

What is the fresh summer scent? I've always wanted a good summer smell but haven't found anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

How did I miss the Tobacco Vanille split...

Crapola :mad:

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What is the fresh summer scent? I've always wanted a good summer smell but haven't found anything yet
    Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte - although at this stage it's entirely possible that plans might change so don't mark it in the calendar yet! Will be having an aul schniff in the airport next week to confirm it's as nice as I remember.
    How did I miss the Tobacco Vanille split...

Crapola :mad:

Next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Give Hermes 'Un Jardin Sur Le Nil' a try too - you won't regret it, beautiful stuff.

Got my Creed samples just now

Aventus
    Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya's
    Erolfa
    Silver Mounts Water
    Pure White Cologne

I usually get too many samples so lose the ability to really sniff the scent.

Have tried all bar SMW at the moment

Pure white cologne is nice but doesn't have that pazaz I promised myself any future cologne needs to buy it as if it doesn't I'd buy everything.

I must say tho the Aventus just has that something after wearing the sample for the day. I've some left will try again tomorrow

Does anyone else get hints of a sweet fruity smell once it settles?

Ordered samples of those 2 Hermes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Does anyone else get hints of a sweet fruity smell once it settles?

That'd be primarily the pineapple that Aventus is best know for.

We've got bottles! We've got boxes! We've got pipettes and shipping stuff! Now all we need is the juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,972 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Subscribing to this in case there are any further splits

We've got bottles! We've got boxes! We've got pipettes and shipping stuff! Now all we need is the juice!

Nice :) Oh check out Creed Himalaya when you can I've my samples whittled down to that and Aventus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'd be interested in any further splits. Fair play.

• Advertisement

Did a trial run today of attaching the sprayer to bottle using vodka (Eau de Absolut!) to fill. **** me it's a bit of a nightmare - involves giving it a few full on belts of a hammer! I hope there's no incidents with bottles full of expensive Tom Ford stuff! Just to flag to 'splittees' - there could be some scratching to the sprayer part, I hope this is OK. On the upside, it seems very secure when fitted and - hopefully - not prone to leaking. Screw on sprayers would be easier but I'm not sure they're too secure....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

would be interested in the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or any Tom Ford

I will keep watching this page

PM if its happening again

G

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Did a trial run today of attaching the sprayer to bottle using vodka (Eau de Absolut!) to fill. **** me it's a bit of a nightmare - involves giving it a few full on belts of a hammer! I hope there's no incidents with bottles full of expensive Tom Ford stuff! Just to flag to 'splittees' - there could be some scratching to the sprayer part, I hope this is OK. On the upside, it seems very secure when fitted and - hopefully - not prone to leaking. Screw on sprayers would be easier but I'm not sure they're too secure....

Could you use a clamp and gradually apply pressure that way instead of the hammer?

Are all Creeds a parfum? As opposed to the weaker toilette.

I'd be tempted put my name down for an Aventus split

Bit of WD40 will sort her out boy, manly smell and all added for free :cool:

longshanks wrote: »
    Could you use a clamp and gradually apply pressure that way instead of the hammer?
    Don't have one! In fairness, giving it the touch of a hammer is actually the official guidance of the supplier and the bottles are heavy glass so hopefully all should be OK! I was just surprised how much force is actually required...

Are all Creeds a parfum? As opposed to the weaker toilette.
    AFAIK, yes. I think you'd find that most of the high end stuff is marketed as Eau de Parfum anyway.

Picking both bottles of juice up on Thursday and will get the splits done when I can after that. I want to do this right rather than quick though which I hope makes sense seeing as I haven't done it before. I actually start a new job on Monday so could be pretty busy in the run up and with two small kids as well it's hard to get the time! As per OP, I should definitely get it done by Easter but am aiming at the week before. Will keep everyone updated!

Mission accomplished (pic attached)! Now for the hard part.....

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

would be interested in the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or any Tom Ford

I will keep watching this page

PM if its happening again

G

I'm also interested if this happens again.

Ten green bottles sitting on a wall Eight yellowish bottles sitting on a table.
    20170404_223946_zpsku0bsrof.jpg
    Tobacco Vanille splits done - jaysis it was a lot of hassle! Was nervous as fook hammering on those sprayers but all the bottles survived intact! Sprayers all scratched from this around the upper outer ring (if that makes sense) - only noticeable if you go looking for it though. Definitely going with screw ons next time I think (although this limits my bottle choice considerably). Turns out as well that not all the bottles were 100% clean internally - some seemed to have light salt deposits or something. So all bottles needed to be washed! There may still be some dust floating in there but nothing that will affect anything.

Aim now is to wash and dry the rest of the bottles tonight and clip spray tubes etc. Fill Tuscan Leathers tomorrow night and sort labels and packaging over the weekend with a tentative shipping date of Monday/Tuesday. Could possibly get it done earlier than this but don't want to ship Friday as I'd prefer the packages not to be sitting with the courier over the weekend.

Well done kid nice job and tasty looking bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Good job, I'd also be interested in future splits if you're putting yourself through all this again.

All done now! Must just sort packaging etc over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Interested in future splits.
    Fair play Padraig Mor

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Don't even know what it smells like, but I want some of the next split seeing all the effort you went to with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

Fair play to ya.

Very interested in any other splits if you want to put yourself through that again.

I used to get splits from a guy in Spain but it seems he doesnt post to Ireland now.

OldRio wrote: »
    Fair play to ya.

Very interested in any other splits if you want to put yourself through that again.

I used to get splits from a guy in Spain but it seems he doesnt post to Ireland now.

Was that Postumo on Basenotes? He's stopped altogether AFAIK - had a lot of trouble with shipping - as I've posted before, it's a nightmare. Pity, as he seemed a great EU source for this stuff - possibly the only one? Guy in the UK doing it too, but doesn't ship to Ireland.

Speaking of shipping.......need moar bubble wrap! Have gone through two rolls of it so far yet have only two boxes (of six) packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

Yeah thats the man. Postumo from basenotes. Pity he stopped. I still have Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed left from his splits.

I havent checked basenotes for a while. That guy in the UK might be worth investigating. I can use a friend in the UK's address.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

Thanks again for the split. Tried it out over the weekend, great scent!

Cheers Wiggles - was good to meet you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Would definitely be interested in the next split if you go again!

Advertisement