Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Ideas within Ireland - Myself my pregnant wife and 2.5 year old child

Options
  • 08-03-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are looking at holiday options for this year and trying to keep it within Ireland as by the summer my wife will be 6-7 months pregnant. We also have a 2.5 year old (3 in July). Any suggestions?

Ideally just something thats relaxing and kid friendly. Thought about the Wild Atlantic way but not sure the walks and boat trips would be pregnancy/child friendly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Last summer, I was 6 months pregnant and my little girl was almost two. We went to cork city for a few days, which was great. The city was easy for me to waddle around. We went to Fota wildlife park which the toddler loved-got the train from the city which was a big treat for her, and the park was so child-and-pregnant-mum friendly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Thanks for the reply, Fota Island is on the agenda alright, might try and get a road trip going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Killarney is lovely for families, it's where we have gone for the last 4 years.

Parknascilla does self catering units on site. You can get good deals if you keep an eye out. There are loads of campsites, b&b's around, plus hotels and dromquinna does glamping in fancy tents. http://www.dromquinnamanor.com/families/

Nice icecream shop in sneem for treats.

My 3 year old adored this place:
    http://www.blueberryhillfarm.ie/

And there is a lovely safe beach with a great place to eat on it nearby... castlecove beach. Clean, sheltered, sandy.

O'carrolls cove beach bar is the place to eat there.

You can go kayaking nearby, see seals and the like. The kayaks are fitted with a child seat between your knees. Kids love that (and it's a powered kayak, you steer with your feet!). I've done it with toddler while pregnant, it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

We have a 1 year old and go to Dunmore east each year in Waterford. Find it very child friendly and a lovely spot,, You will see kids in all the pubs, restaurants till all hours and no one gives a fiddlers... we rent a small holiday home and just walk to the beach and restaurants. We go with others who have young kids and it works out well each year..

You can do day trips to Waterford city, Tramore, hook lighthouse,, loads to do and see.

Thanks for the replies folks! I think a road trip combining some of these places is the order of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Make sure to plan your road trip around service stations and other places with easily accessible toilets!!

Make sure to plan your road trip around service stations and other places with easily accessible toilets!!

Ha ha at this stage we might just bring two potties...

Advertisement