Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cancel Direct Debit on bank of Ireland App

• 08-03-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I'm trying to cancel a direct debit I have set up but can't seem to do it . Only my last two payees are showing up . Is there an issue wit this as to why I can't do it .

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi 

I'm trying to cancel a direct debit I have set up but can't seem to do it . Only my last two payees are showing up . Is there an issue wit this as to why I can't do it .

Thanks 
    Hi claregal1 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

To cancel a direct debit (ROI) you will need to log in via www.365online.com

You can locate the direct debit in your transactions and click to expand the orange cross symbol beside the transaction. Simply click the cancel button then. 

Sorry, this function is not available on the App. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi 

Thanks 
    Hi claregal1 

You can locate the direct debit in your transactions and click to expand the orange cross symbol beside the transaction. Simply click the cancel button then. 

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison , I've just checked and there is no orange symbol beside it . It appears to be a standing order I've set up - Is there any way of cancelling this ?
    Thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi 

Thanks 
    Hi claregal1 

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison , I've just checked and there is no orange symbol beside it . It appears to be a standing order I've set up - Is there any way of cancelling this ?
    Thanks 
    Thanks for coming back claregal1

With a standing order, you should see 'S/O' when you look at the transaction online. 

To cancel your S/O you can select 'Manage Accounts' from the left hand side of the Homepage and then 'Manage Standing Orders' . You can now select the S/O you wish to cancel. 

Just to add, in case it's a S/O to a BOI Loan, it's not possible to cancel this online. 

If you need any further help please do get back in touch,

Many Thanks
    Alison.

Advertisement