Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lavazza Coffee Machine

• 08-03-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Anyone have the Lavazza Fantasia Plus coffee machine, and if so what are their thoughts on it.

Thinking of getting one of them shortly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Don't have any insight I am afraid, but I too am close to pulling the trigger on one of them. The closest Nespresso with similar features is about 499 I think so Lavazza is less than half the price. I am sure the Nespresso is probably a better all round machine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Uriel. wrote: »
    Don't have any insight I am afraid, but I too am close to pulling the trigger on one of them. The closest Nespresso with similar features is about 499 I think so Lavazza is less than half the price. I am sure the Nespresso is probably a better all round machine though.

Did you buy?

Did you buy?

Not yet but will be buying next week for definite

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

little bit late, but i have one. really like it, have never been a big fan of the nespresso machines, never liked the coffee, but the lavazza machine tastes a lot more like proper coffee to me. it's been flawless since we got it 2 years ago, and has gone through a hell of a lot of pods. i only use it for black coffee, but my wife has made a lot of latte's and cappuccinos with it and they've all turned out fine, and she'd be quick to not use it if it was difficult.

overall, i'd recommend. the lavazza pods aren't as readily available as the nespresso, but dunnes carry them so not hard to get either

meant to add, if you have any specific questions, fire away. it's not my main machine, i have an aeropress and a couple of other bits i use mainly, but i've used the lavazza a lot

• Advertisement

I was just about to pull the trigger on this this morning but noticed that on the (Irish) Lavazza site the machine is the Fantasia Plus coming in at €200.

However from googling etc. all of the reviews are of the Fantasia (i.e. without the "plus") and on amazon it just has the "Fantasia" which is, for example, on Amazon.DE at just €140

Just wondering if anyone knows the difference in the two machines and if the "PLUS" is worth the extra €60 (seems to be only available directly from Lavazza and I can't find any comparison information out there.

Cheers.

i bouhgt mine in BT and it defintiely wasn't 200, i think ti was about 140. presuably it was the normal non plus model so, but i cannot see what any difference. i'll have a closer look

The Plus had a temperature control and a handle on the milk jug. They are the only differences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I have a super basic lavazza machine for years,
    Dunno much about the particular machine being discussed here but its great coffee IMHO.

Picked up a Plus in Brown Thomas for 150 euro today

• Advertisement

Picked up a Plus in Brown Thomas for 150 euro today

Fantasia or magia?
    Only see Magia on their website

Fantasia. They don't seem to have them online, but they have them in store. The non-plus Fantasia's are €140. Same price in PowerCity also. But they'll throw in a good few pods to test out in BTs

Fantasia. They don't seem to have them online, but they have them in store. The non-plus Fantasia's are €140. Same price in PowerCity also. But they'll throw in a good few pods to test out in BTs

cool thanks for that!!!

Just to post an update
    I got the machine after and it really is fantastic. For a pod machine the coffee is very very good.

It's great convenience for during the week or when time limited and there's a decent selection to try.

Still have my big pots of freshly ground filter at the weekends but having a complementary pod machine is great.

Just to say as well, the original machine I got was leaking out the bottom of the machine. I fired off an email to Lavazza customer services seeking a service call. Heard nothing for almost two weeks and then one day a brand new machine arrived as a replacement. Zero contact outside of that!!! T'was funny, have never looked for the faulty machine back either.

I guess it's clear that the money is made on the pods and not the machines!!!

I guess it's clear that the money is made on the pods and not the machines!!!

30 euros on an aeropress. few hundred euros in coffee put through it since xmas alone. seems to be the norm with coffee..:)

Advertisement