Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer Not being honoured by Eir Mobile

Options
  • 08-03-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I'm on an older plan for €40 per month I took out 2 years ago. It gives me unlimited call and texts and 5GB of data. Works fine for me. I rang up yesterday and spoke to Danny. The current offers are less attractive than what I have currently, so I wanted to keep my plan and upgrade anyway. I was told the cost of the phone (iPhone7) would increase by €100 if I wanted to keep my plan. After some discussion, Danny said he could offer me a €50 discount off the phone. I needed to think about about it and he logged the info for me.

Today I decided I would take the offer and rang the loyalty team. Danny was not available and I spoke to an ignorant woman who was basically calling me a liar and said I could not keep my plan if I wanted to upgrade. She also misquoted the price of the handset by €100. I told her what Danny had said and she said it's the complete opposite of what's on the screen in front of her. She said she would have to listen to the call. "go ahead and listen to it" I said. Then she said she will have to talk to a supervisor and and it will take 24-48 hours and I would be called back. I told her not to bother, that I will just take up Virgin Media on their offer. They seem to want customers, unlike that imbecile I just spoke to.

I have been with Eir for years and I am disgusted with the attitude I just had on the phone. Loyalty team material? I don't think so. 

edited to add: I have just rang up and spoke to another woman (much nicer phone manner) and have given my 30 days notice, because your plans are just price gouging. I was told my plan was going to increase anyway once my contract expired next month. €400 to upgrade to an iphone 7? No thanks. Virgin Media, here I come.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Eir were looking for €449 from me to upgrade to a 128gb iPhone 7 and I had to change to a plan that was not suitable and was more expensive than my current plan. I was being offered a €50 discount, bringing the price down to €399.

New customers are treated better. They can get the same phone for €249 on the plan I was being put on.

The rep also let slip that my plan was due go up from €40 to €55 per month from the expiry date next month. This was from the "Loyalty Team" by the way. This is clearly designed to keep existing customers in contract for as long as possible before making a price change, because they know that a price change within a contract period allows customers to leave without penalty, as is the case with Three mobile.

I got onto Virgin Media and ordered myself a 128gb iPhone 7 for €229 up front. The phone then costs €30 per month over a 2 year contract (which can be paid off sooner if I want to upgrade sooner). Oh, and the phone comes UNLOCKED. The sim plan is €25 for unlimed calls, texts and data. As a Virgin TV customer, the first 5 months only costs me €5 on the plan.....so a saving of €100. Now that's a proper deal!!!

Advertisement