Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Service Feedback request

• 08-03-2017 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I got an email from Liffey Valley Nissan today asking for feedback on my recent first annual service (161 reg 30kw Leaf SV)

I thought i should share my feedback with you guys while i am in vent mode.

I asked on the phone how long the service would take and was told 1 hour. I arrieved 10 minutes early on the day to be told it might be 3 or 4 hours because "there were a couple of cars booked in ahead of me" I was phoned after about 2 hours to be told the service was finished. When i got to the service desk my service record had not been stamped so i had to wait for the mechanic to return from a test drive. They then realised the car had not been cleaned, so i had to wait further for this to be done. I was charged €129 and the wheels were not even rotated. I have since found out that some Nissan service centres charge €100. On inspection my paint has been damaged from what i presume was the power washing hose being dragged across the bumper corners. Apart from that the wash itself was a half hearted attempt.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'll be marking my wheels before the service, else it's money for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I dont really get the whole wheel rotation thing. I dont see that as a service item at all. Thats a personal thing as to whether you want to buy two or 4 tyres at a time.

I dont think its part of routine ICE servicing (is it?) so I dont think it needs to be part of EV servicing. I think its thrown in there to "beef" up the list of things you get for your money. In reality its just money for jam.

@macnab: There are 2 services. One for €100 and one for €130. The more expensive one, I thought, was required on year 2 which shouldnt have applied in your case. On year two they change brake fluid, hence the extra €30. I'd say you've been given bad service and bad price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

macnab, was your leaf one of those delayed last January due to the telematics issue?

If so... the first annual inspection should have been free in compensation. Mine was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

cros13 wrote: »
    macnab, was your leaf one of those delayed last January due to the telematics issue?

If so... the first annual inspection should have been free in compensation. Mine was.

No, I bought mine in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

cros13 wrote: »

I think the wheel rotation is because the Leaf seems to wear tyres unevenly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

n97 mini wrote: »
    I think the wheel rotation is because the Leaf seems to wear tyres unevenly.

isn't that the case with all cars?....or is it that the Leaf is heavier than other cars (or am I mistaken on that front)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

isn't that the case with all cars?....or is it that the Leaf is heavier than other cars (or am I mistaken on that front)?

Is there not some issue with the back axle being 2mm out of alignment: Mad Lad peened some critique in this regard.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Seems to be the back tyres. Never had an issue with tyres on any other car but they are wearing unevenly on the Leaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

n97 mini wrote: »
    Seems to be the back tyres. Never had an issue with tyres on any other car but they are wearing unevenly on the Leaf.
    Ok, is if I understand this correctly, counter intuitively the tyres at that back of the vehicle ware out faster than those at the front??

Advertisement