Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VLC Problem

Options
  • 08-03-2017 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I use VLC for playing and editing video.
    Now when I edit, the edited video plays sound only when I open the new file.
    All the old files play normally and in the edited ones I cannot access the video settings so I am stumped.
    Any help out there please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

breakemall wrote: »
    I use VLC for playing and editing video.
    Now when I edit, the edited video plays sound only when I open the new file.
    All the old files play normally and in the edited ones I cannot access the video settings so I am stumped.
    Any help out there please?

How do you "edit" through VLC?! I thought it was only a media player?

Have you tried restoring / resetting it?

https://www.vlchelp.com/reset-vlc-hotkeys-preferences/

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no good.

To edit, open "view" and tick "advanced controls". A new set of icons should appear in the bottom left hand side above the ones already there. Play the video and click the red dot when you want the edit to start and then click it again when you want it to stop.

Now open file explorer, then "video" and the edited file is there. It is simple to use, when it works...

I checked the VLC forums but the fixes they list need to access the video settings, but in the edited videos I cannot access these. And none of the bugs refer to edited videos so I am at a loss on this one.

Advertisement