Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal parking in Limerick

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jgorres

kingtut wrote: »
    I have noticed that people literally park wherever they like (footpaths, double yellow lines, street corners, pedestrian crossings, taxi ranks etc) and so far I have only ever seen one person getting a ticket.

Technically, you are wrong.

They do not park "everywhere they like".

They park where there are no bollards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The traffic wardens must have been instructed to ignore the problem. They need to start giving out hefty fines to people parked up on William street. It's like a slalom some days.

i think many of the people who park on William street are the type who wont bother paying a fine and may be going back to England soon...so i dont think fines work that well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

If William Street had only one lane for traffic or if it was two lanes in opposite directions then you wouldn't have so much illegal parking on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Take a break. Week ban for trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Pkiernan wrote: »
    It a sign that Limerick is full of dirt bags (as if that was news to anyone)

Well, in my opinion, Limerick is far and away the nicest city in Ireland and has the nicest people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Well, in my opinion, Limerick is far and away the nicest city in Ireland and has the nicest people.

Im also from Limerick but i wouldnt go that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Earlier this evening, a couple of cars were parked in the bus stop outside the Augustinians on O'Connell Street. Bus came along, had to stop in the left hand lane meaning O'Connell Street down to one lane :-/

Not the bus drivers fault but very annoying for anyone having to switch lanes behind it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Pkiernan wrote: »
    It a sign that Limerick is full of dirt bags (as if that was news to anyone)

Says your man from gangland/stab/shoot (take your pick) Dublin. Dublin is the European capital of dirtbags at the moment. We sorted our problems years ago. Dublin is just a hellhole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Parchment wrote: »
    Okay, Dublin, Waterford, Cork and Galway. I'd prefer to be here than any of those towns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Lately I've seen people on Parnell St double-parking outside... AN EMPTY PARKING SPACE. They could pull into the parking space but don't bother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yesterday, a car was parked on Thomas St in front of Mr Noodle's, the driver in driver's seat. Traffic Warden walking on Catherine St seemed to have ignored it even though it was holding up traffic coming from William St from behind BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Would be great if they designed an app where you could take a picture of the illegally parked car and submit it to the council (kinda like http://fixmystreet.ie/)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Parchment wrote: »

Nicest people..Yes, nicest city.. No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

SNNUS wrote: »
    Nicest people..Yes, nicest city.. No

I don't think any Irish cities are much to crow about when you compare us to average cities in Europe.

I would say Limerick is potentially Ireland's nicest city, but we have a long way to go. Our medieval district has been lost, but our Georgian area could be the envy of all other Irish cities. We just have to get the cars out. Once we do that it has a chance of becoming a very inviting and desirable place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

phog wrote:
    Yesterday, a car was parked on Thomas St in front of Mr Noodle's, the driver in driver's seat. Traffic Warden walking on Catherine St seemed to have ignored it even though it was holding up traffic coming from William St from behind BT.

A proactive approach could be to embarrass wardens by pointing out these obvious infractions and wait to see what action, if any, they are prepared to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Earlier this evening, a couple of cars were parked in the bus stop outside the Augustinians on O'Connell Street. Bus came along, had to stop in the left hand lane meaning O'Connell Street down to one lane :-/

Not the bus drivers fault but very annoying for anyone having to switch lanes behind it though.

Shouldn't have been trying to stop in the designated Chicken Hut parking spaces :D

Match on in the Gaelic Grounds today.

There are currently about 20 cars parked in the cycle lane between Ivan's and the turn off for Na Piarsaigh.

:-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

There are currently about 20 cars parked in the cycle lane between Ivan's and the turn off for Na Piarsaigh.

Any sign of the Síochána dishing out parking tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Always for GAA matches. Even the Rugby games are not policed properly anymore. illegal parking everywhere. Limerick Fc were only getting small crowds and were made pay for Gardai to police around Thomond Park and have to pay a private company to look after parking around The Markets Field. Can have GAA games with a few thousand at it and no policing required.

Comhra wrote: »

Not that I saw. I was driving past.

• Advertisement

Comhra wrote: »

Not that I saw. Mind you was driving past.

Advertisement