Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed extremely slow (1.49mbps)

Options
  • 08-03-2017 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am just wondering how fast should the standard broadband should be in my area...(not efibre)

I did a speed test online and it came back with speeds of 1.4mbps download speed and 0.14 upload speed.

Surely this is crazy slow even for standard broadband?

Could someone please reply in relation to efibre as it is supposed to be available in my area...

Also, is standard DSL broadband supposed to be this slow...it seems absurd in 2017.

A screenshot of the speedtest is attached

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

dunie001 wrote: »
    Hi There,

I am just wondering how fast should the standard broadband should be in my area...(not efibre)

I did a speed test online and it came back with speeds of 1.4mbps download speed and 0.14 upload speed.

Surely this is crazy slow even for standard broadband?

Could someone please reply in relation to efibre as it is supposed to be available in my area...

Also, is standard DSL broadband supposed to be this slow...it seems absurd in 2017.

A screenshot of the speedtest is attached
    Hi  dunie001,

The speeds you are able to receive will depend on your line capability. Several factors can influence this however the main factor would usually be distance from the exchange/cabinet you are connected to. 

You can view our efibre deployment plan here. In relation to your speeds I would recommend querying this with our technical support team as they can test your line & if there is an issue this can be trouble shooted with you.

Thanks,
    Pamela

Advertisement