Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-130

Options
  • 08-03-2017 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Anyone travelled out after filing their I-130 and before a decision is made?

My wife is from the US and we are married 9 years, she has been living here 12 years. My dad passed last October so both my parents are gone now so time to move to the US to be near my wife's parents. All paper work is filled out we just have to get some photo's taken to go with the application.

We phoned the USCIS help line and they have suggested we submit the I-130 along with a K3 and then travel to the USA and wait for a decision while over there. They said I will get permission to work while waiting on the I-130 to be approved.

I always thought that once you could prove the marriage was genuine it was automatic acceptance, after reading here I will also have to attend a medical. Seems a lot more hassle than it was to get my wife's Irish citizenship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I went in and out on 90 day holiday visas until everything got finalised.

Advertisement