Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Office very basic question!!

• 08-03-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭

So this is probably obvious but I can't figure it out..

I'm doing up a memo for a committee I'm on and need to get it out to circa 50 people.
    The memo is short and fits to half a page approximately.
    So I want to have two memos per A4 sheet and then cut the A4 in half.
    How do I ensure that each of the two memos are spaced and placed correctly on the page so that to fold over in half I can just cut down in half and it will look in proportion?
    Thanks!!

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Windows 8 btw

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

workaround for any program

copy the page so you now have two identical pages in the document.

then print both pages on one sheet

some printer drivers let you do this buried in their settings.

otherwise print /save as to a .pdf , most pdf viewers will let you put multiple pages on one sheet of paper

pdfcreator - so any app can print to pdf
    acrobat allows you to do things like booklet print too
    libreoffice allows you to save to pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Or type up your document across two pages and select Print > Preferences > Pages per sheet = 2. Or similar. It will put both sheets on one page that you can then cut. As to orientation, whichever works best for you.

Thanks both.. I think being the feather brain I am Taltos method will be easier for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Didn't know about Word being able to print multiple pages on one sheet ( often use it in PowerPoint though)

My usual workaround for this is to insert a table, 2 rows 1 column in this case -set the borders to no lines i.e. invisible, and put the text in each box. Adjust spacing as necessary. Won't see the table when you print out.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Didn't know about Word being able to print multiple pages on one sheet ( often use it in PowerPoint though)

My usual workaround for this is to insert a table, 2 rows 1 column in this case -set the borders to no lines i.e. invisible, and put the text in each box. Adjust spacing as necessary. Won't see the table when you print out.
    If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid :D

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid :D
    But to adjust the spacing you don't really need to do tables then?
    Can't you just use a document without inserting a table and still adjust?
    Thay still sounds hit and miss to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Landscape view and split page into two columns?

Advertisement