Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with irish family tree

Options
  • 08-03-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone! I am new to this site and have been driving myself crazy over the past couple of years because i cannot find any information on my father's irish family!! I have tried to obtain birth records with no success but i have managed to obtain my grandfathers WW2 war records which does reveal some information.
    Michael John Wilson was born on 6 May 1922 to Mary Wilson (Nee Loobey) and Stephen Wilson in Clonmel, Tipperary.
    Very little is known about my great grandparents and it is thought they can over to Manchester, England shortly after the birth of Michael in 1922.
    Stephen was a roman catholic and did serve for the british in WW1 but i have not been able to trace any war records.
    Now it gets confusing...On my grandparents marriage certificate Stephen is intact listed himself as a Michael Wilson. So i am thinking maybe his name was Michael Stephen Wilson or Stephen Michael Wilson. But for either i have not been able to trace him.
    If anyone is able to help, or even point me in the right direction i would be really grateful. I have been so successful with my grandmother's side, it would be really great to find out about my grandfather's side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 catrobson1987

Hi Everyone! I am new to this site and have been driving myself crazy over the past couple of years because i cannot find any information on my father's irish family!! I have tried to obtain birth records with no success but i have managed to obtain my grandfathers WW2 war records which does reveal some information.
    Michael John Wilson was born on 6 May 1922 to Mary Wilson (Nee Loobey) and Stephen Wilson in Clonmel, Tipperary.
    Very little is known about my great grandparents and it is thought they came over to Manchester, England shortly after the birth of Michael in 1922.
    Stephen was a roman catholic and did serve for the british in WW1 but i have not been able to trace any war records.
    Now it gets confusing...On my grandparents marriage certificate Stephen is in fact listed himself as a Michael Wilson. So i am thinking maybe his name was Michael Stephen Wilson or Stephen Michael Wilson. But for either i have not been able to trace him.
    If anyone is able to help, or even point me in the right direction i would be really grateful. I have been so successful with my grandmother's side, it would be really great to find out about my grandfather's side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the Tipp forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=943

They even have a Clonmel dedicated thread.

There's also a genealogy forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1288

Advertisement