Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Screen Replacement

Options
  • 08-03-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I dropped my Huawei Ascend G7 on it's side edge the other day, at first glance I couldn't see any damage.
    However, on closer inspection, there's a small (20mm) hairline curved crack in the glass, right at the edge of the screen.
    The phone is working fine, and I'm fairly certain it's only the glass that has cracked.
    I checked in the local phone repair shop, they quoted 100 euro to change the glass.....so maybe I can live with the crack.
    I've looked on fleabay and can see plenty of replacement glass screens for sale for around 15 euro, including the required tools to change the glass. There'd also be a long wait for delivery from China!)
    My question is: Could I replace the glass myself, is it just a thin piece of glass sitting over the screen? I'm good with my hands and would be keen to take the job on, but I need to know what's involved before I potentially make the situation worse.
    Could someone explain the basics of the screen/glass assembly?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Have you searched YouTube videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Yes, it all looks fairly do-able, but I don't want to jump in too quickly without Boards.ie back-up!

Advertisement