Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posting a letter to usa

Options
  • 08-03-2017 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I'm of the generation that doesn't send too many letters so apologies if this is a stupid question!

I need to send 2 letters to the usa. Do I need to bring these to a post office and specify airmail or can I just put stamps on and out them in a postbox...or will that mean they won't go airmail and take an age??

And how many stamps would I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I don't want to be that nark that says 'let me google that for you'. But I am.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Standard+Post.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

closifer wrote: »
    I'm of the generation that doesn't send too many letters so apologies if this is a stupid question!

I need to send 2 letters to the usa. Do I need to bring these to a post office and specify airmail or can I just put stamps on and out them in a postbox...or will that mean they won't go airmail and take an age??

And how many stamps would I need?

I think everything leaving here goes airmail.
    your better off going to the post office anyway so that they weigh them and you pay correct postage.nothing worse than a return for not paying enough postage

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Thanks. I had googled but it didn't answer my airmail query! I have stamps and won't make it to the post office for a few days so I'd sooner stick them on and throw the letters in a postbox on my way to work tomorrow. It's just a regular size letter but I didn't know would I need 2 or 3 72c stamps to get it there.

God I love email! This post lark is confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

closifer wrote: »
    Thanks. I had googled but it didn't answer my airmail query! I have stamps and won't make it to the post office for a few days so I'd sooner stick them on and throw the letters in a postbox on my way to work tomorrow. It's just a regular size letter but I didn't know would I need 2 or 3 72c stamps to get it there.

God I love email! This post lark is confusing!

It's €1.10 to send a letter to the US, I've just posted one today. That's airmail, you can get a sticker in the post office, or just write it in the envelope.
    72c is for a letter in the island of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Thanks a million! Sorted so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement