Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving BOI for another Bank.

Options
  • 08-03-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

How do I go about closing my current account with BOI. To transfer all of my direct debits and my salary to a new financial institution, do I have to complete any forms with BOI?
    Different websites say that the transfer process is seamless but I get paid fortnightly and so I am concerned that the process may not have been completed within this time frame.
    I have grown increasingly frustrated with BOI over the years and so I feel it time to move to another bank that will be able to cater for my future financial needs. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

You don't need to post here if it's BOI your leaving (unless you want them to beg you to stay)? You call the switcher team of your new bank basically and kick it off from there. They help with most things although can't help with all outgoing bill payments so do prepare yourself for some disruption (speaking from experience here!) I moved from BOI to Perm TSB a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Gee Kay wrote: »
    How do I go about closing my current account with BOI. To transfer all of my direct debits and my salary to a new financial institution, do I have to complete any forms with BOI?
    Different websites say that the transfer process is seamless but I get paid fortnightly and so I am concerned that the process may not have been completed within this time frame.
    I have grown increasingly frustrated with BOI over the years and so I feel it time to move to another bank that will be able to cater for my future financial needs. 
    Hi Gee Kay

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We're very sorry to hear you have decided to close your account with us.

Is there anything we could help you with here? Perhaps arrange for your Branch Advisor to give you a call or meet with you on a one to one basis? 

Just in relation to account switching,  we would be unable to advise the process other banks use. Although we'd like to mention, with our own process when customers are switching to us, our Team will review the existing account and decide a date they feel will work best for the changeover and the move of your direct debits etc.

We'd be very happy to offer you support with your banking here, please feel free to get back in touch if you feel we could help.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement