Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Tallaght AC 5k, 30th April. Noon start

Options
  • 08-03-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

The annual Taillight AC 5K takes place on the May bank holiday weekend as usual. Please note race start is Noon on Sunday the 30th of April. There will be chip timing.

Online registration can be completed at popupraces here

The run starts just outside the TAC clubhouse and does one large loop with a great finish on the club's track.

Registration is 15 euro and includes a t-shirt and a goody bag. There will also be lots of food and tea/coffee after the race in the club house.

The run is open to all abilities and walkers are welcome. For more information please see the attached flyer or PM me directly if you have a question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

We'll be along to collect our usual sack full of medals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Always thought this run was at 11am. Will be there, its a great race. It leads nicely into a few good 5k races in the six weeks after it

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Always thought this run was at 11am. Will be there, its a great race. It leads nicely into a few good 5k races in the six weeks after it

It use to be a 10.30 am start but the start time has been moved to noon in the hope that the later start will attract more runners/walkers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm trying to register for this but I get a message saying

"Please complete the anti spam test before proceeding"

I don't however see any anti-spam test on the screen.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

I got the following from the timing company

"Thanks for your mail - we're ironing out some issues on the site at the moment, can you give it afew days and retry. Really sorry about and we appreciate your patience."

Two weeks to go, time for a bump...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Signed up first time doing the event so looking forward to it. Is number pickup on the morning of the event?

Signed up first time doing the event so looking forward to it. Is number pickup on the morning of the event?

Number collection in the clubhouse on the morning, I think

How does the Dublin Novice element of this work? How do you identify yourself as a Novice? Is everyone a Novice? :confused:

• Advertisement

I think your club has to enter teams on the morning of the race.

Just signed up for it. Looks like the climb up Greenhills road could be into a strong wind.

RayCun wrote: »
    How does the Dublin Novice element of this work? How do you identify yourself as a Novice? Is everyone a Novice? :confused:

Hi Ray. Last year there was an option to identify yourself as a novice during online registration and results were supposed to be drawn directly from the electronic results but the timing company made an absolute mess of this as your club found out to their detriment. This year, teams should be declared on the morning. There will be team forms knocking around registration.
    Just signed up for it. Looks like the climb up Greenhills road could be into a strong wind.

Great hope to see you there. The first 3K is very very quick as it is net downhill. There is a bit of a drag on the Greenhills road but as long as you haven't gone crazyl in the first 3K it should be fine. Obviously I'm not sure which way the wind will be blowing but the weather gods give me a shout Sunday morning I'll tell them of your preference :)

Hi Ray. Last year there was an option to identify yourself as a novice during online registration and results were supposed to be drawn directly from the electronic results but the timing company made an absolute mess of this as your club found out to their detriment. This year, teams should be declared on the morning. There will be team forms knocking around registration.

Great hope to see you there. The first 3K is very very quick as it is net downhill. There is a bit of a drag on the Greenhills road but as long as you haven't gone crazyl in the first 3K it should be fine. Obviously I'm not sure which way the wind will be blowing but the weather gods give me a shout Sunday morning I'll tell them of your preference :)

Yeah its a great course and a nice finish. It's a great race and leads into a few good races around this period. Nearly became my club!

Yeah its a great course and a nice finish. It's a great race and leads into a few good races around this period. Nearly became my club!

Why who did you (mistakingly ;)) join instead?

Why who did you (mistakingly ;)) join instead?

Lucan, club on my door step. Tallaght is beside my mother in law.

Good race yesterday.
    Was a bit humid, but good turnout and atmosphere, and nice to finish on the track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Rockyman7

Good race yesterday.
    Was a bit humid, but good turnout and atmosphere, and nice to finish on the track
    nice work #supercoach #notbadforanoullad ○
    #thoughtuwere50

if I were 50 I'd have been behind Niall C :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

if I were 50 I'd have been behind Niall C :pac:

He's 0-55!

• Advertisement

Great race, great day (and night). Pity about the weather, which was rainy enough earlier to put off potential turn-up-on-the-day'ers, then blustery and oddly humid in-race. Great support from MOST of our neighbouring clubs (thanks BP, RAC) pity that one saw fit to support a non-local race instead. Numbers a bit down on last year, but hey ho.

Good race yesterday. Really struggled on the last 2k.

davedanon wrote: »
    Great support from MOST of our neighbouring clubs (thanks BP, RAC) pity that one saw fit to support a non-local race instead. Numbers a bit down on last year, but hey ho.

Looks like I was misinformed, and have traduced a neighbour club unfairly. they had 10 runners involved. Apologies.

Advertisement