Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thornchase, Rush

Options
  • 08-03-2017 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and the other half are currently looking to buy a house.

I was hoping some locals from Rush could give me an idea of what Thornchase is like e.g. Build quality, green spaces, amenities and most importantly anti-social behaviour.

Would it be mostly home owners or renters? Is it a long walk to the town centre?

TIA for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Anyone???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There mustn't be anyone on the forum who is familiar with the area. There will be Rush groups on Facebook, maybe even one for Thornchase, if I were you I'd do a search.

Will do. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hi all,

I was hoping some locals from Rush could give me an idea of what Thornchase is like e.g. Build quality, green spaces, amenities and most importantly anti-social behaviour.

Would it be mostly home owners or renters? Is it a long walk to the town centre?

TIA for any replies!
    I don't know anyone living there and haven't heard anything good or bad about it. It's about 1km from the main street (about 10-12mins walk) and it's very close to the Skerries Road and a bus stop on the 33 route.

(LeoB who posts here regularly might know a bit more).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I live nearby and think it's a lovely area. I think there may be a pyrite issue there though so I would try and do some digging on that if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I live nearby and think it's a lovely area. I think there may be a pyrite issue there though so I would try and do some digging on that if you can.

Yep a quick google will show you that there were some pyrite issues in the estate:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pyrite-victims-facing-45000-bill-for-repairs-26877381.html

http://www.pyriteboard.ie/Pyrite/media/Pyrite/Updated/14-04-15-PRB-Progress-Report-No-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hi all,

TIA for any replies!

Hello,
    I know the area fairly well. It is a nice area from what I know of it. I know a good few residents and they are nice people from any dealings I had when I was postie there. The state is split in two by a green. If you are after a house from #1 to 63 you come in through Clifflands and if from #64 to 94 you come in off Palmer road. There is a decent bit of green space around.

There was an issue with Pyrite but as far as I know this has been re-mediated. I will find out. Mix of 2 and 3 bedroom houses.

It is about 15 minute walk to Rush along the Skerries rd or you can walk through Kenure and through a nice wooded park to the top of the main street beside Tesco.
    Just up from the estate you have St. Maurs G.A.A. club which is very good. About 500 yards from the estate you have Rush Cricket club and in opposite direction Rush Ath F.C. All are very vibrant clubs.
    It is a less that 10 minutes to a few super cliff walks and beachs. I have never heard of anti social behaviour from the residents. You will see like anywhere kids bikes left out but I would say it is a nice spot with nice people.

That's some great info guys. Thanks! Will have to look into this pyrite stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thewatcher78

As someone who lives in the Clifflands estate I wouldnt touch a house in Thorn Chase, some sections of the estate are fine however some houses are occupied by a fairly rough element who have the outside of their houses looking like a breakers yard with broken car's etc rubbish strewn across. You can spot the houses rented out from the ones that the owner's live in.

The vast majority are fine in the estate but it would be a lot nicer if 5-6 houses were cleared out of the riff raff occupying them. I feel sorry for anyone who bought there and cant sell up.

Advertisement