Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying kitchen with cash and carry kitchens

Options
  • 08-03-2017 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Im in the process of buying a kitchen with cash and carry kitchens supply and fit. I paid the 100 deposit when guy called out to measure up, im now told I must pay the whole amount (8000) upfront is this usual ? I would have thought maybe pay half then the rest on completion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

The hint should be in the shop name Cash and Carry, they are not bespoke kitchen suppliers only retailers that can put you in contact with a fitter. standard practice to look for the money up front. Good quality fitted one 14 years ago and still looks good and no problems with fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Agent_99 wrote: »
    The hint should be in the shop name Cash and Carry, they are not bespoke kitchen suppliers only retailers that can put you in contact with a fitter. standard practice to look for the money up front. Good quality fitted one 14 years ago and still looks good and no problems with fittings.

It was the fittings that let down our one. Handles were very poor quality.
    But back on point, yeah, you need to pay up front. Since they were half the price of the nearest competitor I didn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davyby

Avoid this mob.
    Fitters will not return to fix any issues once paid.
    several calls not returned.
    promises etc..
    My advice steer well clear of Cash n Carry

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

We got ours from cash and carry 18 yrs ago. fitted it my self even though I'm no carpender but am a bit handy with diy.
    Units still going strong and look well. Only problem I ever had was with one loose handle and that was down to my fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

davyby wrote: »
    Avoid this mob.
    Fitters will not return to fix any issues once paid.
    several calls not returned.
    promises etc..
    My advice steer well clear of Cash n Carry

fitters are 3rd party though, paid by you direct not thru C&C?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Berberis wrote: »
    We got ours from cash and carry 18 yrs ago. fitted it my self even though I'm no carpender but am a bit handy with diy.
    Units still going strong and look well. Only problem I ever had was with one loose handle and that was down to my fitting.

I had the same issue and thought it was my fitting too but no - the threaded part of the handle was bad and stripped very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Got our kitchen from Cash&Carry Kitchens about 3 years ago . Paid full amount up front. No complaints about quality of work or fitting. Punctual and installed on time and found our dealings with them very satisfactory. No complaints here about their service

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murphyap

Got our kitchen from cash &carry kitchens, biggest mistake paying upfront. One to two days fitting turned into weeks , fitters turning up when they felt like it ,arriving after 6PM wrong units and drawers Phoned many times and nobody wanted to know. If I had only paid a deposit
    I wouldn't have paid the rest of the money

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

murphyap wrote: »
    Got our kitchen from cash &carry kitchens, biggest mistake paying upfront. One to two days fitting turned into weeks , fitters turning up when they felt like it ,arriving after 6PM wrong units and drawers Phoned many times and nobody wanted to know. If I had only paid a deposit
    I wouldn't have paid the rest of the money

And they wouldn’t have given you the kitchen then

Advertisement