Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asos Return Through Fastway

Options
  • 08-03-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been having serious issues with both Asos and Fastway.

On the 3rd of January I followed Asos instructions to return a package of high value using their suggested courier service Fastway. When returning the item I went to the Fastway courier office showed them the parcel with the return label on to make sure I had put it on correctly. They informed me that I had done everything correctly. I also asked them if I needed a tracking number or receipt and they said no they had everything they needed.

Two weeks later I heard nothing from Asos so I contacted them to get an update on my return. They informed me they had not received my package and to provide proof of postage.

I explained as it was a prepaid post I did not receive a receipt or tracking number and they explained this was my responsibility.

I contacted Fastway to find out the location of my package and they explained they have no way of tracking where my parcel is without the barcode number on the return sticker.

They only way I would have a copy of this is if I had physically taken a photo of it prior to giving it to Fastway which I was not instructed to do.

Also I contacted Asos to see if they had a copy of the barcode and they said they do not keep a copy.

This has been going around in circles and neither company are providing any assistance. Either Asos have the package and are not acknowledging it or Fastway have lost/stolen the package. Both are strong the responsibility is mine.

Does anyone have any advice they can give as the package was just under €400 so I am keen to have this resolved and I have been contacting both companies since the 3rd of January and getting no where???

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You didn't get Fastway to sign for it, or take note of the tracking number? If this is the case, I don't think you have much to work with, as you can't prove anything. You always get a shipment signed for by driver, or office before you hand it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

It seems strange that you didn't get a receipt for it. I've returned things via Fastway via shops and when they scan the barcode, I got a receipt with all the details on it that I was then able to track.

If it's been lost in Fastway, without a barcode to track it, it could be very difficult for them to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FionaMc89

Hi, I know this post is a good few years ago but what was the outcome? I lost my tracking receipt and Asos are refusing to give me the return number that was printed on the label in the bag which I used to send back the dress, the shop needs this to give me the tracking info

Advertisement