Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy 100% Irish carved chicken?

• 09-03-2017 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get packets of carved chicken or turkey slices that are of 100% Irish origin? Only recently I checked the back of packets of chicken in Aldi, Tesco, etc and most say "contains EU and non-EU chicken". I mean non-EU chicken?! WHat the hell, might as well say "contains Earth chicken" since non EU could mean any country in the world. It's turned me right off. I always assumed Denny would have 100% Irish chicken too but after checking their website, that's a no too. Where can I buy 100% Irish carved chicken, please help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭Ludikrus

Just buy Irish chicken breasts and cook them in the oven, slice and fridge them. Cheaper nicer and you know what you're eating. The packets with slices always have some crap pumped into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

AFAIK Lidls chicken pieces are Irish. They are Green Isle foods

I was shocked one day to Tesco Value prepacked cooked Chicken was Thai.

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

newacc2015 wrote: »
    AFAIK Lidls chicken pieces are Irish. They are Green Isle foods

I was shocked one day to Tesco Value prepacked cooked Chicken was Thai.

Why?

Go to China and you'll find duck feet from Ireland.

Food moves around the world.

Advertisement