Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S/T90 T8 - vaporware?

• 09-03-2017 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking out for OTR prices and news for ages and there is still nothing since announced in Jan-2016. First it was mid 2016, then Jan-2017 now.. what exactly?

To me there is nothing very interesting with the ICE engines in the otherwise fantastic looking new Volvo's but the T8 sounds like exactly something to tempt me.. if it existed in the real world. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

S90 and V90 have been available with the PHEV T8 petrol engine / drivetrain for years, I remember reading a review about it. Just looked it up and there are only diesels ICE for the UK and Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

parks every day, connects cable but does not start it charging so e-cars app shows a slot available. A complete P$ick

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

This is a perfect scenario where a car would be vandalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

parks every day, connects cable but does not start it charging so e-cars app shows a slot available. A complete P$ick

To avail of free parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

unkel wrote: »
    S90 and V90 have been available with the PHEV T8 petrol engine / drivetrain for years, I remember reading a review about it. Just looked it up and there are only diesels ICE for the UK and Ireland :rolleyes:

How could they be available for years when those cars are only two or three months old. The T8 only debuted on the xc90 at the start of last year. They'll arrive here eventually on the s/v90. The T8 advantage is performance more than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How could they be available for years when those cars are only two or three months old.

I think it was a US review I read, can't remember when but it is quite some time ago, at least a year ago.

Well, you named & shamed him here so :p

Not an S90 though, it's one of those XC90 Dublin 4 soccer mum tanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

The S90 and V90 T8 won't be here until summer at the earliest. There are issues getting the new eAxle from the OEM in quantity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

unkel wrote: »
    Well, you named & shamed him here so :p

Not an S90 though, it's one of those XC90 Dublin 4 soccer mum tanks.

There is another lad parked with a BMW PHEV in Malahide, however I suspect he is a Garda,
    so like the song says, you must know when to hold them, know when to fold them:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

The T8 is now configurable on the swedish site. It's pricey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

The T8 is now configurable on the swedish site. It's pricey!

and then some! With all other options left standard, its EUR30k more than the D4 Diesel run of the mill model.
    Its near exactly twice the price of the D3 model!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,392 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Matt Simis wrote: »
    and then some! With all other options left standard, its EUR30k more than the D4 Diesel run of the mill model.
    Its near exactly twice the price of the D3 model!

Slightly lower VRT rate but, more importantly, 7.5 k of VRT rebates/grants will reduce the difference in Ireland. There's not so great a difference in xc90 guise.

Advertisement