Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are blogger threads always shut down

Options
  • 09-03-2017 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

How many blogger threads have been shut down now for apparent "gossiping". I detest how it's called gossiping when it's women talking about women. How is it gossip to discuss something that someone has publicly said on Snapchat or posted on Instagram? Is it gossip if I go over to the Ray D'arcy thread and say I didn't like his show today or the segment about marathons? No. It's me discussing what he said on his show and having a critical opinion on it.
    So sick of good discussion threads being shut down because bloggers and their overly inflated egos can't handle genuine discussion around their actions that they themselves posted online for the world to see.

Im not posting this in reference to any particular blogger per se, more so the entire Irish industry of blogging that seems to be so protected on boards. Loads of threads on the blogging forum have been shut due to "gossiping", and the moderation is oppressively strict.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The reason they get shut down is that some posters on those threads do not understand the simple concept of defamation and how it is Boards as the publisher of the post, not the poster that will being brought to court if someone chooses to make an issue of it. This has been explained in the forum on numerous occasions so there's no need to have to keep repeating it here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement