Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jogging ðŸ႒

• 09-03-2017 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Does anyone else get swollen knees after a jog? Whether it was a good run or not. Even after football, my right knee always swells up. I have to put frozen peas (or chips!) to help cool it down.

Anyone know why this is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Could be any number of things, I had a similar issue for years, had visited many doctors, physios and even got it xrayed in a&e after a particularly bad episode, was told it was a strain. Last year, about 15 years after the initial flair up I insisted on a MRI, this revealed I had fully torn my anterior cruciate ligament all those years ago and because of this the knee repeatedly dislocated causing some meniscus damage also. My advise? Bypass all other options and get an MRI, its the only accurate way of finding out what is going on in there.

On a positive note, I had ACL reconstruction surgery last year and after 8 months physio and rehab my knee has never been better

Advertisement