Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Direct Debit Charges

Options
  • 09-03-2017 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭

Hi, I changed my bank account in January 2017 and gave Eir 1 months notice of such change and set up a new direct debit for my eir package with my new account details.

Since then however, Eir went back into the closed account, and surprise, found no money there.

I now see that for my present bill there is an unpaid direct debit charge of €18.45 included on my latest bill.

My wife spoke to one of your reps, Derek, when we first noticed this discrepency and he stated that he would have this charge removed. It never happened. My wife then spoke to another of your reps yesterday,and she too stated that this charge would be removed, and on checking this morning I find it is still there.

Unless this unwarranted €18.45 charge is removed from my bill by 6.00 PM this evening I will have no other option but to cancel my D/D on my return from work.

I'd appreciate it if you could resolve this issue. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Donal55 wrote: »
    Hi, I changed my bank account in January 2017 and gave Eir 1 months notice of such change and set up a new direct debit for my eir package with my new account details.

Since then however, Eir went back into the closed account, and surprise, found no money there.

I now see that for my present bill there is an unpaid direct debit charge of €18.45 included on my latest bill.

My wife spoke to one of your reps, Derek, when we first noticed this discrepency and he stated that he would have this charge removed. It never happened. My wife then spoke to another of your reps yesterday,and she too stated that this charge would be removed, and on checking this morning I find it is still there.

Unless this unwarranted €18.45 charge is  removed from my bill by 6.00 PM this evening I will have no other option but to cancel my D/D on my return from work.

I'd appreciate it if you could resolve this issue. Thanks.
    Hi  Donal55,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

This information will not update immediately on myeir I'm afraid. Can you PM me your full name and account number and I'll double check the charge has been removed.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Hi  Donal55,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

This information will not update immediately on myeir I'm afraid. Can you PM me your full name and account number and I'll double check the charge has been removed.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as another of your reps, Stephanie, was speaking to my wife re initial query and she too, reiterated what Emma, and Derek had previously said that this returned D/D charge would be removed from my bill.

Well surprise, surprise, I woke up this morning and on checking my bank account I see that Eir have gone in and took the bill amount PLUS the €18 Direct Debit return charge.

If I owed this cash I'd have no problem with ye taking it. But I shut my bank a/c, gave ye almost a months notice and my new a/c details and yet ye still went into an A/c which was closed!

Can this minor issue be resolved by Eir rep number 4 please Pamela?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Donal55 wrote: »
    Hi  Donal55,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as another of your reps, Stephanie, was speaking to my wife re initial query and she too, reiterated what Emma, and Derek had previously said that this returned D/D charge would be removed from my bill.

Well surprise, surprise, I woke up this morning and on checking my bank account I see that Eir have gone in and took the bill amount PLUS the €18 Direct Debit return charge.

If I owed this cash I'd have no problem with ye taking it. But I shut my bank a/c, gave ye almost a months notice and my new a/c details and yet ye still went into an A/c which was closed!

Can this minor issue be resolved by Eir rep number 4 please Pamela?

Thanks.
    Hi Donal55,

I am really sorry to hear this. Pamela is unavailable at the moment but, I am more than happy to help.

If you could kindly PM me your account number and full name and I will have a look into this for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Hi Donal55,

I am really sorry to hear this. Pamela is unavailable at the moment but, I am more than happy to help.

If you could kindly PM me your account number and full name and I will have a look into this for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

At last, sorted.
    Only took approx 6 weeks, 5 phone calls, 3 posts on boards for returned dd plus bank charges to be credited to my account.
    Thanks to Derek, Emma, Stephanie, Pamela, Stephanie and you too Leanne for all your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Donal55,

I'm happy to hear this and will pass this on to the team.

They will be very grateful for the feedback.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Advertisement
Advertisement