If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE49KS7000

Options
  • 09-03-2017 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Well after looking at 40 - 43 inch TVs I think I might be able to squeeze in a 49 inch 😀

What's the availability on the UE49KS7000 like over the next couple of weeks? In store collection not a problem.

Also, in terms of compatibility with my receiver would I have any issues with HDCP 2.2?

Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V667 with HDMI 1.4

Is HDCP 2.2 backwards compatible with this? Can I expect HDMI CEC and ARC to work as normal?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Well after looking at 40 - 43 inch TVs I think I might be able to squeeze in a 49 inch 😀

What's the availability on the UE49KS7000 like over the next couple of weeks? In store collection not a problem.

Also, in terms of compatibility with my receiver would I have any issues with HDCP 2.2?

Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V667 with HDMI 1.4

Is HDCP 2.2 backwards compatible with this? Can I expect HDMI CEC and ARC to work as normal?

Many thanks.
    Hey *Firecracker*

The 49KS7000 are starting to thin out and has just dropped to £799.00 - In store only collection.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201975-ue49ks7000.aspx

I'm not sure how long they will last as they are a very popular television.

Regarding the 667, what source are you hoping to run through it? I don't think the 667 was 4K compatible if i think back. However the ARC on the 49KS7000 would strip it back when outputting and the 667 would be able to process that no problems.

To get HDR all items would need to be 2.2 or it will not work.

Hope this helps a little.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 *FireCracker*

Hey *Firecracker*

The 49KS7000 are starting to thin out and has just dropped to £799.00 - In store only collection.

Regarding the 667, what source are you hoping to run through it? I don't think the 667 was 4K compatible if i think back. However the ARC on the 49KS7000 would strip it back when outputting and the 667 would be able to process that no problems.

Hi Kenny,

The only 4K content I'd be looking at viewing for starters would be via the on board Netflix.

Any sources connected to the amp would only be HD.

I assume I shouldn't have any issues here?

Through looking at one of the other posts today it looking like I might only get PCM back from the TV via ARC?

Hey *Firecracker*

Hi Kenny,

The only 4K content I'd be looking at viewing for starters would be via the on board Netflix.

Any sources connected to the amp would only be HD.

I assume I shouldn't have any issues here?

Through looking at one of the other posts today it looking like I might only get PCM back from the TV via ARC?
    Hi *Firecracker*

Yeah it would seem that ARC is limited to its output. 

It also depends on the sound track of what you are viewing.

I will give Samsung a call tomorrow and confirm this for the 49KS7000

Hi *Firecracker*

That'd be great.

Thanks for that!

Hi *Firecracker*

That'd be great.

Thanks for that!
    Hi *Firecracker*

We have spoken to Samsung but they seem to be unsure and can't provide any further useful information however it does look like it will be PCM.

Here is Samsung's number if you want to give their technical team a shout: 0044330 7267424

This is direct line support so you won't have to go through any of the usual menu nonsense. Sorry we can't be more accurate on this occasion but hopefully you can find the information you need.

If you require anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Advertisement

Hi *Firecracker*

We have spoken to Samsung but they seem to be unsure and can't provide any further useful information however it does look like it will be PCM.

Here is Samsung's number if you want to give their technical team a shout: 0044330 7267424

This is direct line support so you won't have to go through any of the usual menu nonsense. Sorry we can't be more accurate on this occasion but hopefully you can find the information you need.

I'll be happy once I get something back to the receiver either over ARC or optical.

Final query, I assume the tuner on this is OK for Saorview?

If so I'd like to go ahead with one please:

Can collect in store Friday, Saturday, or Sunday next week if it were in.

Do you require any payment in advance or can I pay when I pickup?

Best regards,

Aidan

Hi *Firecracker*

I'll be happy once I get something back to the receiver either over ARC or optical.

Final query, I assume the tuner on this is OK for Saorview?

If so I'd like to go ahead with one please:

Can collect in store Friday, Saturday, or Sunday next week if it were in.

Do you require any payment in advance or can I pay when I pickup?

Best regards,

Aidan
    Hi Aidan.

The tuner will pick up the Saorview stations no issue.

We are currently out of stock at present as they move so quickly. I can get one in for next Friday and you could then collect which ever day would suit.

If you drop me you full name and address in a PM I can get the order up on our system to get one in for you. You can then just pay for it once you are collecting.

Cheers Kenny.

PM sent.

Thanks,

Aidan

Cheers Kenny.

PM sent.

Thanks,

Aidan

Didn't realise you were closed today. Just tried the phone there.

John, I'd ordered a KS7000 from Kenny last weekend. Would you know is it in yet? Was going to drive up tomorrow morning.

Had a missed call from you guys yesterday but didn't get a chance to ring you back.

Many thanks,

Aidan

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

In stock and awaiting re-homing... :)

Safe drive tomorrow, we are open from 10...

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

In stock and awaiting re-homing... :)

Safe drive tomorrow, we are open from 10...

ATVB

John Mc & Crew
    Great stuff.

Many thanks for checking.

A

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

No problem at all - I'm looking for things to do - that bottle of wine is starting to smile at me and I'm trying to avoid it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.