Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does insurance skill assessment work?

• 09-03-2017 11:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

Do you just go there and do the same identical test as with the RSA? I have seen on liberty
    Insurance assesment level 1, 2, 3, 4(can't remember the exact name) Should I do it? How much does it lower your insurance by?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mine was done by my IBT instructor. I think it lowered my insurance by about 15%.

"Do you just go there" << Where is "there"?

edit: I scraped a level 3, which is lower than level 2. In fairness I was a bit shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I got liberty grade 2, reduced by 30%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

What exactly is involved in the assesment? Do you just go there and do same slow speed maneuvers as in the normal test then go to the city or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What exactly is involved in the assesment? Do you just go there and do same slow speed maneuvers as in the normal test then go to the city or something else?

You ask your ibt instructor to fill out a skills assessment when you do your ibt. Most good instructors will do this assessment .

Then you give it to insurer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

listermint wrote: »
    You ask your ibt instructor to fill out a skills assessment when you do your ibt. Most good instructors will do this assessment .

Then you give it to insurer.

Oh, I already have my license but would still like cheaper insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

i got a liberty grade 2 I think, liberty wouldn't quote me and principal didn't want to hear about the assessment. if you have to pay for an assessment don't do one IMO.

my IBT teacher gave me one for free but it was probably worked into the total price anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Most driving schools or IBT instructors will do it for a few bob, I went back to my lad and he did it, it's an hour or two on a closed course and on the road, ended up paying for itself.

Advertisement