Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial Thoughts on Apple Pay

Options
  • 09-03-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anybody using this service yet?

I'm considering adding my card but I'm always wary of being an early adopter when it comes to Apple.

Any issues/problems/thoughts so far?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How would you be an early adopter when it has been up and running for three years?

Just go for it. Nothing will go wrong. It works and is safer than using the physical card out of your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

murpho999 wrote: »
    How would you be an early adopter when it has been up and running for three years?

I guess i must have missed something, the media is reporting that's is only available to use in Ireland for the past couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tim76 wrote: »
    I guess i must have missed something, the media is reporting that's is only available to use in Ireland for the past couple of days.

Yes but the service itself has been running in the states for ~3 years and it seems to be working perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tim76 wrote: »

Yes, but it has been in use very successfully in other countries for almost 3 years so it has been well tested.

Just go for it, you won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Mr.S wrote: »
    Works as expected:

Some retailers have card terminals in stupid places though, which make it a bit difficult.

Hopefully more and more people paying with Apple Pay will help fix this.

Advertisement