Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ordinary - how to suplement with my existing products

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

JCC24 wrote: »
    Hey looking for advice on treatment for hormonal acne - I've Trying to conceive for a year, as soon as I came off birth control I've had bad acne, a lot of scarring and pigmentation from it not to mention it wrecking my confidence- I fell pregnant but miscarried after 8 weeks, trying to conceive again and the acne is back, hard enough coming to terms with the miscarriage without feeling even more crap about myself - I've huge cysts that are sore- GP has said there's nothing that I can take since I'm trying to conceive again- anyone had similar experience? got any advice or tips?

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I had cystic acne for years and the product that cleared it for me is the DDF Sulphur Mask. I had acne on my face, back and chest. Sulphur is great for drying out cystic acne and controls redness.

The mask can be a bit drying overall but moisturise well and it will be fine.

I always have to buy it online - search DDF Sulphur Mask or DDF Sulfur Mask (as thats how they spell it in America!). Its a big tub and lasts a good while. Honestly it worked a treat for me. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I put in another order with The Ordinary:

Advanced Retinoid 2% http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-advanced-retinoid-2pct-30ml
    Caffeine solution 5% http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-caffeine-solution-5pct-egcg-30ml
    Coverage foundation 1.2N http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-coverage-foundation-12-n-eu-30ml
    Serum Foundation 1.2N http://theordinary.com/product/rdn-serum-foundation-12-n-eu-30ml

I heard that the foundation had been released, apparently there was a waiting list so I jumped on the bandwagon for it. To be honest I hadn't a notion how to pick the correct shade so I've just taken a chance with this one. But sure for that price you can't go too far wrong! Have been notified it could take a while to ship but I'm not in a hurry.

Ordered the Retinoid as it seems to be recommended for anti aging.
    The caffeine solution seems to be recommended for under eye area for dark circles which I certainly have. However it's also recommended for cellulite which due to unforgiving dressing room mirrors over the weekend I hadn't realised how bad mine was!

Of the products I've bought previously:
    The Hyaluronic I use 2-3 times a week in place of my usual serum, I'm liking it.
    The Rosehip oil I use once a week before bed.
    Haven't used the Silcone primer, still using up the dregs of a few other brands of primer I have open here.
    Vitamin C suspension, I've started to use this once a week, the texture of it is a little strange, it's a bit like an exfoliator. I've only used it a couple of time so haven't noticed anything with it as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I hated the Vitamin C suspension. The texture is awful and made my clean skin feel so grubby and grimey. Wanted to wash my face again straight after. Didn't notice anything notable about my skin the next day either. I am liking the retinoid though. However I could take or leave the rosehip and the hyaluronic acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

anna080 wrote: »
    I hated the Vitamin C suspension. The texture is awful and made my clean skin feel so grubby and grimey. Wanted to wash my face again straight after. Didn't notice anything notable about my skin the next day either. I am liking the retinoid though. However I could take or leave the rosehip and the hyaluronic acid.

I love the effect of the Vitamin C suspension, but it keeps me smelling like oranges and sticky the next day even after I've showered etc. I don't like feeling sticky :p

I've just ordered the coverage foundation, caffeine solution and the buffet. Really hope the buffet can replace my Vichy Aqualia serum, I was hoping the HA 2% would but it's not as nice at all.

Not mad about the Niaciminde, really like the retinol, and their facial oils are great too (rose hip and argan).

A blog post here by the fab blogger John, It's only Makeup in relation to the Vitamin C Suspension - a great read!

http://johnitsonlymakeup.ie/hand-smelled-weird-whole-week-full-story/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Can't order the foundations at the mo due to the volume already gone in :-( if you use findation.com it might help for a colour match. I put in 1.2N only and it spit out similar to Mac NC25 or Double wear 2N1 desert beige.

I'm putting in an order for a few bits and I would love to get something that would clear up the kilaris pilaris in my upper arms? Any suggestions?

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Can't order the foundations at the mo due to the volume already gone in :-( if you use findation.com it might help for a colour match. I put in 1.2N only and it spit out similar to Mac NC25 or Double wear 2N1 desert beige.

I'm putting in an order for a few bits and I would love to get something that would clear up the kilaris pilaris in my upper arms? Any suggestions?

One of the exfoliators, they've a lactic acid, glycolic acid and another AHA / BHA which I'd imagine would all help with the dead skin issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If a a doctor has diagnosed it for you they can prescribe retinoid at a stronger strength then any you will buy, otherwise get the retinoid or lactic acid. You probably know to use a non drying soap and moisturiser with added oils to keep your skin soft.
    The waxperts pads have salycylic acid are very good as well for clearing the skin you could alternate between them and the retinoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Lactic acid should help with this

Ah sugars that's probably going to be too dark for me. Might get away with it in the summer with a tan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Oh I was going to order 1.2Y but going by what you've said above that might be too dark for me. I'd be NC15 in MAC or 1n2 Ecru in Doublewear.

I couldnt find the ordinary on findation, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

There's a good array of shades so hopefully it will match, sometimes the site can be a bit hit and miss. Do let us know how it compares shade wise once received :)

https://findation.com/searches/5027944

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Wayne goss has a video on the foundations! In the comment section he had the comparison to macs foundations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I bought these: Buffet, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and Advanced Retinoid 2% to start with.

I have used the Buffet and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% 3 times and I used the Advanced Retinoid 2% tonight for the first time.
    I haven't had a reaction to any of them yet. I have sensitive skin but I think a better description of my skin would be "reactionary". I have eczema as well so my skin is a bit problematic at times. I'm also studying for end of term exams at the moment so my skin is also dealing with that!

I have to say, I know it's very early but I have noticed a difference in my skin already. My skin seems a lot calmer and looks and feels smoother. Old scars from spots seem to look a bit lighter and less noticeable.

Does anyone else have any feedback from their usage so far?

Also, just wanted to add that I think the Deciem website is excellent. The information is so detailed and the website functions perfectly.
    And I love that they have this message on at the moment
    We are experiencing an extremely high volume of orders. As a result, we expect a delay of up to 10 days to be able to fulfill new orders. We are working hard to put in place additional resources as quickly as possible to restore our service standard. Thank you for your kind patience with us.

I wish more companies would follow their lead. I'm about to place another order and am in no way put off by being told there will be a delay. OTHER BRANDS TAKE NOTE!!

erica74 wrote: »
    Also, just wanted to add that I think the Deciem website is excellent

I wish more companies would follow their lead. I'm about to place another order and am in no way put off by being told there will be a delay. OTHER BRANDS TAKE NOTE!!

Completely agree. Like their overall brand aesthetic the messages about stock and shipping are simple, clear and consise. Now in saying that I didn't have the patience to wait so ordered via Asos, should be here within 5 working days, they also had the rose hip oil in stock too if anyone was looking to purchase.

I bought these: Buffet, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and Advanced Retinoid 2% to start with.

I have used the Buffet and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% 3 times and I used the Advanced Retinoid 2% tonight for the first time.
    I haven't had a reaction to any of them yet. I have sensitive skin but I think a better description of my skin would be "reactionary". I have eczema as well so my skin is a bit problematic at times. I'm also studying for end of term exams at the moment so my skin is also dealing with that!

I have to say, I know it's very early but I have noticed a difference in my skin already. My skin seems a lot calmer and looks and feels smoother. Old scars from spots seem to look a bit lighter and less noticeable.

Does anyone else have any feedback from their usage so far?

Use the retinoid maybe once a week first to build up if your skin is reactionary. i dont have experience with that specific product but i have been using a 0.05% Retinaldehyde product for a long time and even though its a gentle product i really had to build up to be able to use it every second night.

Parchment wrote: »
    Use the retinoid maybe once a week first to build up if your skin is reactionary. i dont have experience with that specific product but i have been using a 0.05% Retinaldehyde product for a long time and even though its a gentle product i really had to build up to be able to use it every second night.

Yeah I'm just starting with once a week for now. I used it last night for the first time and I'm going to leave then until next Friday again because my skin would be a bit reactionary and although I didn't notice any reaction to the Retinoid last night or this morning, I don't want to overload my skin.

Yeah I'm just starting with once a week for now. I used it last night for the first time and I'm going to leave then until next Friday again because my skin would be a bit reactionary and although I didn't notice any reaction to the Retinoid last night or this morning, I don't want to overload my skin.

Thats the best way!

Parchment wrote: »
    Thats the best way!

Also ordered a few more bits :o:P so I'm defo taking my time - they've advised they're experiencing delays though so it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can introduce more stuff anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

I've had a similar experience, I've been using it (although not as regularly) and my skin has been remarkably clear. I bought about 10 things from The Ordinary (2 orders!) so I rotate different products on different nights, but I've used the retinoid with the niacinamide previously and had no issues. However using the retinoid twice a day might well be too much for your skin, I'd say once every 2 days is fine. I alternate it with the HA product. The retinoid isnt an eye treatment (I think the caffine product is the only one thats specifically for eyes) so I use it all over my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

My order arrived from Asos today, only ordered on Friday :D i forgot to put buffet in my basket :( will order that in the next week or so

Any advice welcome on how to use/build up usage, not sure where to start to be honest.

Got the Lactic Acid for the kilaris pilaris on my arms, would I apply it directly or with moisturiser and slowly increase amount? Haven't a clue - going on holidyas in 3 weeks so wild welcome less bumpy arms where possible :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I have even found I am using less make up as my skin is much more clear and less bumpy! Might start using the retinoid just once or twice a week as my skin can be sensitive

Do start retinoid once a week in the evenings, build up to twice then gradually up to alternate days.
    If you get red or peeling skin go back a step.

Don't forget spf every day!!

Has anyone here had peeling with the ordinary advanced retinoid? I have heard lots of warning about it but I've never heard of this product causing peeling.

I'm just curious because I know this is meant to be a less irrating form of the ingredient

GingerLily wrote: »
    Has anyone here had peeling with the ordinary advanced retinoid? I have heard lots of warning about it but I've never heard of this product causing peeling.

I'm just curious because I know this is meant to be a less irritating form of the ingredient

I think I maybe had some very minor pealing after the first use but not since. And I mean very minor... it could also have been too much product piling and coming off with my make up, I couldn't really tell.

Since, I only use 2 of the products at a time at night and one in the morning under my daily spf and haven't noticed and irritation/peeling.

I've recently bought the lactic acid 10% so maybe I'll get some pealing wtih that, but been busy in work this week so I havent risked trying it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

DELAYS - Hi, just to let you know I ordered from Deciem last Friday and got my order yesterday.
    The delay notice was still on the website, but perhaps they've gotten their backlog under control?

DELAYS - Hi, just to let you know I ordered from Deciem last Friday and got my order yesterday.
    The delay notice was still on the website, but perhaps they've gotten their backlog under control?
    Oh. I ordered on 1st May and have heard nothing since. I just logged in to track my order and it says "Placed" and "Paid".
    Did you order foundations though? I did and I expect that's what will cause the delay.

• Advertisement

I'm the same, I ordered the foundation so I knew I'd be back of the queue!
    I made my order on the 30th April!

Really can't wait to try the Buffet and the caffeine solution, I'm hoping the caffeine solution will be good for hangover face, I've got a fair few wedding's and festivals this year :p

Advertisement