Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ordinary - how to suplement with my existing products

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

GingerLily wrote: »
    Really can't wait to try the Buffet and the caffeine solution, I'm hoping the caffeine solution will be good for hangover face, I've got a fair few wedding's and festivals this year :p

I have to say I've found Buffet a bit underwhelming, I feel I've gotten better results from the specific ingredient products that I've chosen to target specific issues. However that said it is handy as an "all in one product!" for under my daily spf in the morning.

I also bought the caffeine solution in my most recent order and not noticed anything much from it - although its mainly for puffy eyes as I understand which isnt really something I suffer badly from. I just bought it because I was a bit shop happy and am obsessed with eye area products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

How is the Buffet for hydration?

I'm looking for an alternative to my Vichy Aqualia serum, but I don't know why I bother because I love the stuff and it's already reasonably priced!

So far it's only the oils that I've loved but I'm using the advanced retinoid most nights because I know that it's a long term benefit product rather than instant results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

GingerLily wrote: »
    How is the Buffet for hydration?

I'm looking for an alternative to my Vichy Aqualia serum, but I don't know why I bother because I love the stuff and it's already reasonably priced!

So far it's only the oils that I've loved but I'm using the advanced retinoid most nights because I know that it's a long term benefit product rather than instant results!

Its good, but honestly I think my skin feels better from just using the HA product, I possibly won't repurchase Buffet once I'm finished it, but then again its hardly expensive and is a good allrounder, so handy for traveling with when you dont want to bring a tonne of products.

I actually find that my skin felt great straight away from using the retinoid, so i'd nearly use it for its immeadiate benefits alone, even though the long term benefits are supposed to be the real point.

I've used the rose hip oil a bit and I do like it but I don't feel like it has made a massive difference. I also bought the argan oil which I sometimes put through my hair and then plat it before I go to bed to shampoo out in the morning and I think thats had a positive effect as I still have a small amount of bleached hair through my ends (almost fully grown out but not quite!) Not sure I'll continue when I'm back to 100% virgin hair again though, but good for damaged hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Just a question on the retinoid. I currently use Image retinal A creme. Would anyone know how this would compare with The Ordinary? What's the difference between retinoids and retin A?

Email from the ordinary

"Hi ❤️

We are really emotional. We are working really hard. And we feel really helpless. We know you are waiting for your order of Colours. And nothing hurts us more than knowing how difficult it is to be waiting. Everyone seems to be congratulating us on the success of Colours but we are instead so severely disappointed in ourselves that you are still waiting.

We have always manufactured all of our products in house, which almost no one does. This very direction has allowed us to be disruptive in beauty and offer value to you, our amazing customer, follower and supporter. However, this in-house effort is also what has placed us under tremendous pressure to fulfill the extreme volume of orders for Colours when it launched. We started with a waiting list of 25,000 people but ended up with orders for more than 250,000 units in just a week. We are producing Colours around the clock and we are fulfilling orders around the clock. We estimated it would take us 10-15 days to get through these orders but it's taking a bit longer despite every single one of us placing our heart and soul into what matters the most: your happiness.

We are working very hard. We are shipping thousands of orders daily. Your order will be ready very soon. And in November, we will be moving to a new facility, representing our fourth move in four years. This new facility will increase our capacity by 450% initially and by even more shortly after. It is unacceptable to us for you to wait and we know that we will soon be in a place where we can serve you very promptly, the only way you should be served.

A very helpless but very genuine hug,

DECIEM"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Oh. I ordered on 1st May and have heard nothing since. I just logged in to track my order and it says "Placed" and "Paid".
    Did you order foundations though? I did and I expect that's what will cause the delay.

Hi Sunny, I just ordered regular products. It seems that the foundation is really popular.
    I loved their heartfelt letter of apology that GingerLily posted!

For the record I got Buffet, Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane & a Moisturising cream.
    I've been using the first three at night & in the morning using those three but substituting the Squalane with the Moisturiser (& mixing it with Dermalogica SPF).

It's early days yet but I've noticed the hydration effect immediately. I have combination skin that's a bit sensitive. My t-zone can be dry as well as slightly greasy. Lately around my nose area has been constantly dry no matter what I use on it.
    As others have said I've noticed a plumping effect with what I'm using. I'll post back later when I've given it more time.
    I avoided getting any retinoid/retinol for the moment as I've heard it can be drying.
    So far I feel my skin is hydrated and don't want to overload it with products.
    Also I've been using all the products on my eye area - they don't mention eyes specifically but say they can be used all over. I'm assuming the eye area can absorb the products?
    Probably need to read up on the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

DELAYS - Hi, just to let you know I ordered from Deciem last Friday and got my order yesterday.
    The delay notice was still on the website, but perhaps they've gotten their backlog under control?

I ordered on 5th, it shipped on 9th and it arrived today but everything was broken *cries*
    Now, I do think they'll be very good about it as they have good customer care but still raging as I wanted to try some of the new stuff I ordered:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Has anyone tried the foundations yet?
    Where does everyone buy from? Direct from the deciem website? I want to get the foundation but ASOS don't stock it

The Deceim website but I would by surprised if they are still taking orders for it, there is a very long backlog! I ordered in April and still have got mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I ordered the Serum Foundation and got it a couple of days ago. I picked the palest shade with the pink undertone and it matched perfectly. The coverage is quite sheer but I was able to build it up a little. The foundation itself is very runny so you only need a small amount. It didn't cling to any dry patches and made my skin look pretty great so for 6.90 I was very impressed. I'm dying to try the coverage one when it comes back in stock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Do they do any good products for over 60's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I got the Serum Foundation this morning and I don't like it. I find that despite moisturising it's quite a makeupy,dense overall effect. It's like a light oil and powder suspension so it goes on to look powdery but yet not quite matte. I think it's a bit cheap looking when you look closely. It definitely does not look like "my skin only better" which is what I prefer personally in foundation. I got fair and very fair shades to try and the very fair are genuinely extremely pale so if you struggle to find very pale shades it might be for you.

I can't complain really for the price but I'd say it's streets behind the likes of what Rimmel and Bourjois are offering for not too much more money.

Also the dispenser shoots far too much product out so if you get it better use it by opening the bottle instead I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

So my order of the ordinary foundation shipped today - totally forgot I ordered it to be honest. Bought the coverage foundation in the palest shade. Being shipped from Victoria health and I'm in the U.K. so should have it tomorrow 😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have an update on when Colours will be available to order again? I know they are working through a massive backlog, but I've not heard an estimate on when this will be cleared so that they resume taking orders again, and I'd love to get my paws on some!

I didn't like the full coverage one, reminded me of the makeup forever velvet matte foundation, which I also hate because it's super chalky on my dry skin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Yeah I saw that on their Insta. Not great news but probably wouldnt put me off just yet, I'll see how things pan out.

Estee Lauder have bought a minority stake in Deciem, will this put anyone off purchasing? It wont make a difference to me but I see a lot of uproar on the ordinary facebook page

Not me anyway. The cruelty free crowd can be very vocal on social media, it can get quite ugly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Estee Lauder have bought a minority stake in Deciem, will this put anyone off purchasing? It wont make a difference to me but I see a lot of uproar on the ordinary facebook page

Tbh it does put me off a bit, I liked that they described themselves as "the abnormal beauty company" and went against the grain somewhat with their little digs at big corporations. Now they've kind of sold out in my opinion. Also while I don't really care too much about cruelty free (bad person) I think it's so hypocritical to say oh we're still cruelty free when part owned by a company that does test on animals. Now they're just gonna be swallowed up and end up like Jo Malone, Aveda and Smashbox declining quality, no soul and nothing unique about them (this is from being a former ELC employee!). Anyway I'll wait and see what happens hopefully I'll be proved wrong, I actually put in an order of NIOD replacements last week which I'll use up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement