Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaf tyres - fitting

• 09-03-2017 12:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Didn't want to clog uk the tyre review thread as this is a fitting /technical question.

Are there any special precaustions when getting Tyres fitted?
    I've heard the TPMS is in the valves?
    Does this mean they cannot be reused?

Haven't had a car with the system in the valve before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The TPMS is inside the wheel and can be easily broken if they are not careful taking on/off the tyre. If they break it its "a few hundred" to replace and program back into the car.

They are not removed during the tyre change.

All you can do is tell them it has a pressure sensor and hope they know what they are doing. TPMS isnt a new thing so they should have come across it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

^ what he said.

The TPMS is a small box, a bit bigger than a box of matches, on the inside of the valve. If the fitter isn't careful it can be damaged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

KCross wrote: »
    The TPMS is inside the wheel and can be easily broken if they are not careful taking on/off the tyre. If they break it its "a few hundred" to replace and program back into the car.

They are not removed during the tyre change.

All you can do is tell them it has a pressure sensor and hope they know what they are doing. TPMS isnt a new thing so they should have come across it before.

Cool.
    Most of my previous cars , do the monitoring by wheel rotation. Bmw for example don't have all this gadgets placed inside the wheel. Makes for easier tyre and wheel changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The Leaf TPMS also requires the wheels to be turning. If you rotate the tyres you can just reset the TPMS on the dash display.

n97 mini wrote: »
    The Leaf TPMS also requires the wheels to be turning. If you rotate the tyres you can just reset the TPMS on the dash display.

Yeah done that when I collected as I pulled into the first garage and inflated the tyres to 36psi and topped up screen wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

When I brought in the tyre I brought it to a place where I could see what was being done and I told him to be careful, which in fairness he was.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I pump to 38 PSI.

I pump to 38 PSI.

Seen you post about that before ML.
    I was surprised enough that the 17" wheels required 36 psi. Have you noticed any difference at 38psi?

BTW, tyres dirres no probs. The guy in the shop was familiar with the unit on the wheel so that set me as ease.

EAEA37ED-EBF1-4294-B879-9B82ED25B18E.jpg

Advertisement