Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Bar Limerick

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I see that Bourke's on Catherine St. has been bought (don't know by who), but I feel GBB would have been much better off there. Right across from Uber too, a lot more footfall than Wickham St.

A lot more work required in there than there was where they located The Wickham Tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lachouffe1

Townie_P wrote:
    Was in there a few weeks ago. Not really all that impressed. Been to a few of their pubs in Dublin, but it's nothing like those. I like their beer but the location is poor, it's too small and the layout just doesn't work for me. Thought the seating and bar area were shabby, and the decor just screamed hipster. To be honest I think they've rushed in to opening in Limerick - they should have bided their time and waited for a better and bigger location.

I see that Bourke's on Catherine St. has been bought (don't know by who), but I feel GBB would have been much better off there. Right across from Uber too, a lot more footfall than Wickham St.

The location would have been good but I think the size of bourkes from what I remember would have been a little too big? By the sounds of it, at the moment they can't fill it's current location.
    But then again maybe they put it there to be a little bit away from the competition, kind of similar to theregular pubs in Dublin actually...some are a little isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

lachouffe1 wrote: »
    The location would have been good but I think the size of bourkes from what I remember would have been a little too big? By the sounds of it, at the moment they can't fill it's current location.
    But then again maybe they put it there to be a little bit away from the competition, kind of similar to theregular pubs in Dublin actually...some are a little isolated.

Ya, you're right, Bourkes is a lot bigger than their current premises. But, as property "gurus" like to constantly remind us, it's all about location, location, location :D Just think that Bourkes is more centrally located - therefore more footfall, more potential customers and, (maybe I'm stereotyping here) the workforce at Uber are probably the kind of clientele that drink a share of craft beer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Was in there over the weekend and agree 100% on the location. It's s disaster. I had to literally drag one of the lads up there.

Wouldn't be too bothered on the decor. Seems the follow that hipster, can't be arsed, template that most other craft beer pubs go for.

The booze was decent.

For location alone though I can't see it lasting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Was in there over the weekend and agree 100% on the location. It's s disaster. I had to literally drag one of the lads up there.

Wouldn't be too bothered on the decor. Seems the follow that hipster, can't be arsed, template that most other craft beer pubs go for.

The booze was decent.

For location alone though I can't see it lasting

Was it busy in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Busy without being mobbed

Advertisement