Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gardencare multi tool gcmt262

Options
  • 09-03-2017 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have this for 18 months however I have yet to use the chainsaw component. The other day I opened up the box it was in an got a shock as I realised that I had to assemble it myself, unfortunately the instructions are minimal to say the least.

Anyone know of a link to info on setting it up as I can't find one, also I'm a bit surprised to see a small tank on the chainsaw tool, anyone know what it is for?

If nothing pops up I will pay the place where I bought it visit but that's last resort.

There's also a hedge trimmers tool with this and it worked fine last year and for about 10 minutes this year. However it just stopped working all of a sudden. The strimmer works fine so to me it seems that there is a fault in the shaft of the hedge trimmers, is this an easy way to investigate this without opening all the bolts etc?

Many Thanks

FN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone?
    funnyname wrote: »
    Hi

I have this for 18 months however I have yet to use the chainsaw component. The other day I opened up the box it was in an got a shock as I realised that I had to assemble it myself, unfortunately the instructions are minimal to say the least.

Anyone know of a link to info on setting it up as I can't find one, also I'm a bit surprised to see a small tank on the chainsaw tool, anyone know what it is for?

If nothing pops up I will pay the place where I bought it visit but that's last resort.

There's also a hedge trimmers tool with this and it worked fine last year and for about 10 minutes this year. However it just stopped working all of a sudden. The strimmer works fine so to me it seems that there is a fault in the shaft of the hedge trimmers, is this an easy way to investigate this without opening all the bolts etc?

Many Thanks

FN

Hi

Many Thanks

FN

I had a google but couldnt find a manual for it. From what Ive seen it looks straight forward.

Where in the country are you?
    also I'm a bit surprised to see a small tank on the chainsaw tool, anyone know what it is for?

Every chainsaw Ive ever used had a tank for the oil. Its to keep the chain lubricated so the links move over each other freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

I had a google but couldnt find a manual for it. From what Ive seen it looks straight forward.

Where in the country are you?

Every chainsaw Ive ever used had a tank for the oil. Its to keep the chain lubricated so the links move over each other freely.

Cheers

I'm in Co Clare, what kinda oil would I need?

Cheers

I'm in Co Clare, what kinda oil would I need?

Castrol Golden chain oil should do it.

Might be no harm bringing it back to where you bought it and trying to get the low down. They might have a manual or have experience with this particular tool and know the best oil and other maintenance its required.

In future though I'd never buy a multi tool* for any kind of regular use. They are never as good as dedicated parts.

*Leatherman type multi-tools not withstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

You will need to open up the head of your hedge trimmer tool where you will probably (hopefully!) find that the blade has popped off the drive wheel. It's a rotating wheel with a kind of "spud" hear the circumference which engages in the blade and makes it reciprocate.
    Alternatively, you may have stripped the gear which drives this wheel, by attempting to cut material that was too thick. If this is so, you could try googling "spare parts for garden multitool, model no xxxx", or a similar form of words.. There are plenty of sites on line which carry spare parts for all sorts of power tools.

• Advertisement
Advertisement