Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizzas

Options
  • 09-03-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

http://www.newstalk.com/Why-Dominos-shares-just-went-off-a-cliff

I stopped going to Dominos when according to the menu you could have anchovies but when you asked for them they never had them !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Dominos pizzas are muck, all the ingredients are mass produced, processed crap.

My local "Italian chipper"'' absolutely puts Dominos to shame, the chicken is actually chicken breast, the pepperoni and salami are both proper Italian cold cut meats, and the bases and sauce are all hand made.

Also destroys Dominos prices.

You're really and truly paying for a brand name with Dominos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I liked Dominos Rustica pizza, but I stopped going there because it's mad expensive. And my local chipper does a pizza and coke for under a tenner and, frankly, if I could bathe in their sauce I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My local "Italian chipper"'' absolutely puts Dominos to shame, the chicken is actually chicken breast, the pepperoni and salami are both proper Italian cold cut meats, and the bases and sauce are all hand made.

Also destroys Dominos prices.
    I call them "junk mail pizza places", always puzzled me why they think they have to all copy each other. You have to root through your green bin to find vouchers to be able to buy them at the price they should be, i.e. half price.

In pizza places half price is normal price, vouchers are 2 a penny, if you are paying full price you are a fool & paying well over the odds. When the Italian chippers have their genuine half price day queues can be down the street -since it is actually a genuine offer!

There is an ongoing thread in bargain alerts for dominos codes
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056744169

I have zero respect for these companies who come up with these phoney prices & "deals". I would hate to have to go rooting through my green bin to have to buy food in my local chipper or Chinese at what I consider a reasonable price.

I can see on dominos a 11.5" cheese & tomato pizza is 12euro. In romayos italian chipper who have many outlets, for 10 euro you get 12" Magherita Pizza, Chicken Goujons (5), Onion rings (3), Choice of Sauce, Portion of Chips. and I know the bag of chips alone would be a good feed.

Added topping in dominoes are 2euro a pop, in romayos it is 1euro or 1.50 depending on what they are -antother annoying thing about the "junkmailers", charging the same for cheap additions as expensive ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I don't honestly understand why Domino's is so successful. Every pizza I ever had from them was doughy and oddly sweet and sugary.

Our local chippies and especially a local kebab place do a lovely thin-based, crisp, fresh pizza, with good toppings, nice tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.

And for a real treat, we've got Novecentos down here in Cork, which does seriously amazing pizzas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Xenophile wrote: »
    http://www.newstalk.com/Why-Dominos-shares-just-went-off-a-cliff

I stopped going to Dominos when according to the menu you could have anchovies but when you asked for them they never had them !

Cheeky feckers.

Advertisement