Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Arnold Logistics, is it a scam?

Options
  • 09-03-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,
    im looking to buy a new car, am usually very savvy about car dealers etc, but have found a car I like at a good price, only problem is seller reckons hes in Denmark & the car will be shipped to me by Arnold Logistics AFTER the money has been sent, il then have 10 days to decide if I want to keep it before he gets his money
    im very skeptical about this and have looked up the company, googled reviews etc, it all seems above board but im wondering if anyone has dealt with this company & what the results were??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Total scam.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

"The seller reckons the car is in Denmark"

A bit shifty

• Registered Users Posts: 11 slever83

that was my thoughts exactly, I told him I worked for the fraud dept in the garda HQ on Harcourt St :):):)
    The website is very convincing though, cant find a thing on them!

Has anyone ever heard of the company?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

slever83 wrote: »
    that was my thoughts exactly, I told him I worked for the fraud dept in the garda HQ on Harcourt St :):):)
    The website is very convincing though, cant find a thing on them!

You can't find a thing logistics company? Why are you looking at the logistics company?

It's so incredibly obvious that this is a scam. Run a mile and buy a car you can test at least. Nobody is going to give you a car to test for 10 days.

iamxavier I cant find any reviews on the website, good or bad when I google the name , have looked on the actual website that was provided
    I know its very obviously a scam I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of the company

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

iamxavier I cant find any reviews on the website, good or bad when I google the name , have looked on the actual website that was provided
    I know its very obviously a scam I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of the company

The name of the logistics company is completely irrelevant.

It's like me saying I will send the parcel by UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It wouldn't make any difference if the seller linked you to DHL for the shipping company there's nothing for sale.

I hope you didn't click any links from the email. It's very easy to spoof websites and install malicious software on your computer using fake links.

no links from the email, I went in through a separate browser, I also used an inactive email that I had from a pc, I originally thought the car was an English reg which was why the price was so reasonable but the min he started mailing about money & a company, Denmark etc I just said seeya!
    I was just curious to see how far hed go with the instructions and if anyone here had dealings like this lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,236 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Out of interest what car was it and how much was asking price? Where was the car adverised?

White BMW €5960, which is why I thought it was an English reg, poster was down as being from Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Where is this car advertised?

Needless to say, it most probably a scam.

Done Deal

I know its very obviously a scam, when I searched for previous dealings re this I couldn't find 1 so I said id start a thread in case anyone else actually believed it!
    in fairness, who in their right mind would send 6 grand to someone for a car they haven't seen or driven based on good will & a few emails!!!!

M

What type of white BMW?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rum Ham!

M

Rum Ham! wrote: »

Yes looks standard setup for scam mails, reg hidden and no Irish tax/insurance/nct discs visible, I'd say it's 100% a UK reg car likely taken from another classifieds website.

yeah that's it, ive bough English cars before so wasn't put off by that, asked for a pic of the reg, he gave me the reg and sent me 2 separate pics of the "log book" and claimed he couldn't send a pic as the car was with Arnold Logistics in their warehouse!
    I strung him along for a while with different Qs to see what hed say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Rum Ham! wrote: »

I'm delighted ! Just bought a 320d for a great price.

Can't wait for Prince Abdul who lives in Nigeria, gets the car shipped to Ireland.
    He's a great guy, I gave him my credit card details too as he will use my account to conceal his 11billion euro and Ill get to keep 10% of it.

Seriously though on Joe Duffy before Christmas a guy actually transferred 12k by Bank Transfer for supposedly a 520d estate that was supposedly in Cork and he was from Dublin. He believed he was paying Paypals HSBC Bank account and if he didn't like the car paypal would refund the amount. Do people not do a y research or completely stupid!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

What's the reg to it and report it as a scam to donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Did you seriously think that was kosher at that price?:D

Truckermal wrote: »
    Did you seriously think that was kosher at that price?:D

Obviously you haven't bothered to read the full thread....let me say it again....I initially thought the car had an English reg hence the price,I enquired if this was the case and that's when yer man started going on about money, Arnold's logistics etc, I told him I worked for the fraud dept and would have to look into the company, I Googled them and NOTHIN, no reviews positive or negative, i also did a search with the CRO (thats the company registration office in case your wondering)my friend suggested I start a thread on this in case someone else would be gullible enough to actually send money they would maybe see this and NOT do it

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I'm delighted ! Just bought a 320d for a great price.

Can't wait for Prince Abdul who lives in Nigeria, gets the car shipped to Ireland.
    He's a great guy, I gave him my credit card details too as he will use my account to conceal his 11billion euro and Ill get to keep 10% of it.

Seriously though on Joe Duffy before Christmas a guy actually transferred 12k by Bank Transfer for supposedly a 520d estate that was supposedly in Cork and he was from Dublin. He believed he was paying Paypals HSBC Bank account and if he didn't like the car paypal would refund the amount. Do people not do a y research or completely stupid!!

My friend was selling her car last yr got sent an email saying money would be sent via PayPal and the car would be collected, she rang PayPal with the address provided and it was perfect except for 1 little change that you wouldn't notice at a quick glance
    You've to be so careful these days, I'd never take a cheque bank draft money transfer etc, too easy to get ripped off

bear1 wrote: »
    What's the reg to it and report it as a scam to donedeal

I have it reported

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Obviously you haven't bothered to read the full thread....let me say it again....I initially thought the car had an English reg hence the price,I enquired if this was the case and that's when yer man started going on about money, Arnold's logistics etc, I told him I worked for the fraud dept and would have to look into the company, I Googled them and NOTHIN, no reviews positive or negative, i also did a search with the CRO (thats the company registration office in case your wondering)my friend suggested I start a thread on this in case someone else would be gullible enough to actually send money they would maybe see this and NOT do it

In fairness, that's not how your OP reads, nor the title of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

sassyj wrote: »
    In fairness, that's not how your OP reads, nor the title of the thread

Big time.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement