Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Help

Options
  • 09-03-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am just after getting back all my mock results and I am starting to panic. I got 346 points ( I'll post results below) but the course I want is 485 points. I did very little study for the mocks and I think that if I put the work in I will improve. Am I being to hopeful or is it possible to achieve if I put the work?

ALL HIGHER LEVEL
    English 56% (H5=56 points)
    Irish 40% (H6=46 points)
    Maths 34% (H7=37 points)
    French 62% (H4=66 points)
    Business 63% (H4=66 points)
    DCG 55% (H5=56 points)
    Biology 57% (H5=56 points)

I only counted my top 6.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

You get out of the LC what you put in, if you do very little study then you (generally speaking) will not achieve your full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If you've been doing very little study, then of course you can improve ... but it's about time to knuckle down, don't you think? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

LC2017help wrote: »
    Hi, I am just after getting back all my mock results and I am starting to panic. I got 346 points ( I'll post results below) but the course I want is 485 points. I did very little study for the mocks and I think that if I put the work in I will improve. Am I being to hopeful or is it possible to achieve if I put the work?

ALL HIGHER LEVEL
    English 56% (H5=56 points)
    Irish 40% (H6=46 points)
    Maths 34% (H7=37 points)
    French 62% (H4=66 points)
    Business 63% (H4=66 points)
    DCG 55% (H5=56 points)
    Biology 57% (H5=56 points)

I only counted my top 6.

I know that you're only counting your top six but have you checked if your college/course that your aiming for requires a pass in math?

Advertisement