Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School catchment area Kimmage Road West

Options
  • 09-03-2017 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all

We're looking into buying a house on Kimmage Road West

We've a little girl due to start school in 2020 (so still just a baby!!)

I was wondering if anybody would know firstly the parish that we would be in and secondly (mainly) the local school attached to the parish? I was wondering if Presentation Primary in Terenure might be the one as it looks the closest on the maps

Am struggling to work this out online! Can't seem to find a site that would be able to tell me either the parish or the school catchment area-if I knew one, I could probably work out the other

Thanks a mil

CF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

These are the local schools: http://url.ie/11pht You don't have to attend the parish school. Pick the one that suits you.

Alternatively:
    http://www.education.ie/en/Find-a-School/School-Search-Results/?level=Primary&geo=6W&ethos=-1&lang=-1&gender=-1
    http://www.education.ie/en/Find-a-School/School-Search-Results/?level=Primary&geo=12&ethos=-1&lang=-1&gender=-1

This has school websites and email details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It will be Presentation Primary or St Pious might accept you in Templeogue.

Presentation is a very good school. My girls go there and it really is a very well run school.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Thanks very much for your advice-much appreciated

We really liked the look of Presentation actually, and it would be pretty convenient to get to. Mfceiling-would you mind if I asked if you're from the catchment area-I think thats the Terenure parish.

The house we're looking at would be in Kimmage Manor parish. They don't actually have a primary school. So Presentation take siblings, then children from their own parish and then next on the list is children from neighbouring parishes which don't have a school (so we would be in this category)

I'm just concerned that it could transpire that we wouldn't end up with a place there if there happened to be a lot of children in the Terenure parish that year

Am probably over thinking it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AoifeTM

Hey I just came across your post , I have a little girl I’m hoping to send to Presentation in 2020. I am looking for anyone who has a little girl who goes to this school who could give me some feedback

quote="chocfan;102868279"]Hi all

I was wondering if anybody would know firstly the parish that we would be in and secondly (mainly) the local school attached to the parish? I was wondering if Presentation Primary in Terenure might be the one as it looks the closest on the maps

Am struggling to work this out online! Can't seem to find a site that would be able to tell me either the parish or the school catchment area-if I knew one, I could probably work out the other

Thanks a mil

CF[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

AoifeTM wrote: »
    Hey I just came across your post , I have a little girl I’m hoping to send to Presentation in 2020. I am looking for anyone who has a little girl who goes to this school who could give me some feedback

quote="chocfan;102868279"]Hi all

Thanks a mil

CF
    [/quote]

Me again!!

All 3 of my daughter's have gone there. 1 currently at secondary school and the other 2 are still there. As I've said before it's a very well run school. The principal is as sharp as a blade (in a good way that she misses nothing) and is very approachable).
    I'm very happy with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement