Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle range - Kildare

Options
  • 08-03-2017 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hijack your thread but I am also interested in joining a club in Kildare. Myself and the wife are interested in rifle target shooting.

Newcomers to the sport. Hoping to put in the license applications in the coming weeks, but need to be a member of a club first.

Harbour house looks like a good club, their facebook account shows lots of activity and events and their facilities look great. It is also only 10-15 mins from us. But their website does not show any joining information. There are two mobile numbers listed but I dont want to be cold calling them out of the blue. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Tzardine wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I am also interested in joining a club in Kildare. Myself and the wife are interested in rifle target shooting.

Newcomers to the sport. Hoping to put in the license applications in the coming weeks, but need to be a member of a club first.

Harbour house looks like a good club, their facebook account shows lots of activity and events and their facilities look great. It is also only 10-15 mins from us. But their website does not show any joining information. There are two mobile numbers listed but I dont want to be cold calling them out of the blue. Any suggestions ?

You won't go wrong with Harbour House. Like you said, the facilities are excellent and there is always something going on.

I'm guessing that the two mobile numbers are either Tommy or Toby. Both of them are very helpful and would be delighted to hear from you. There's no mystery to joining and no reason to be afraid to be cold calling them. Ring one of the numbers, tell the lads what you are looking to do, arrange to come down and look at the facilities and the lads or Dee will bring you through the rest of the process. There's nothing to it.

Saturday is usually the best day to arrange to come down and check the place out. Besides it being the busiest day, there are usually two firearms dealers there on Saturdays, which adds to the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Harbour House is a shooting range that caters for all types of shooting.
    Shotgun clay traps, and 3 Rifle and handgun ranges.

So it's not a club for game shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You won't go wrong with Harbour House. Like you said, the facilities are excellent and there is always something going on.

I'm guessing that the two mobile numbers are either Tommy or Toby. Both of them are very helpful and would be delighted to hear from you. There's no mystery to joining and no reason to be afraid to be cold calling them. Ring one of the numbers, tell the lads what you are looking to do, arrange to come down and look at the facilities and the lads or Dee will bring you through the rest of the process. There's nothing to it.

Saturday is usually the best day to arrange to come down and check the place out. Besides it being the busiest day, there are usually two firearms dealers there on Saturdays, which adds to the interest.

I never even realised this range existed I used to make the trip up to hilltop from Carlow. I'm looking forward to checking it out now. Is it closed weekdays? I see on their page Sun - Fri strictly by appt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I never even realised this range existed I used to make the trip up to hilltop from Carlow. I'm looking forward to checking it out now. Is it closed weekdays? I see on their page Sun - Fri strictly by appt.

Members can shoot during the week as long as there is a range officer present.

Call in some Saturday and speak to either Tommy, Toby or Dee. It's worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Members can shoot during the week as long as there is a range officer present.

Call in some Saturday and speak to either Tommy, Toby or Dee. It's worth a look.

Cheers Dee replied to an email lastonight unfortunately the next few Saturdays are bad for me but good to know it's there. It looks like a great set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

iwillhtfu wrote: »

:):):):):)
    Lads call in on any Saturday and you'll get the tour and friendly welcome. Ladies are more than welcome and we have some very good woman shooters here, too fecking good IMO.
    Talk to most people here and you will soon find out what a good place Harbour House Shooting Club is.
    Saturday and Sunday are the most popular days for people to come over, with Saturday being the best day. Weekdays are mainly for members but visitors are welcome if prior arrangements are made first. Call Tommy or Toby numbers on the website

We have 1 x 25m, 2 x 50m for handguns and rifles and 1 x 100m for rifles. as well as the multi bay shotgun clay range. Great clubhouse with the tea & coffee going all day, with a lunch any time there is something special on.

Also there are 2 firearms dealers there on Saturdays selling guns and ammo at very keen prices.

Don't be shy, call to see what your missing
    :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Clive means - we have 1 x 25 m and 2 x 50m and 1 x 100m ranges :D

Advertisement