Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan road/cuffesgrange roadworks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I guess they want the cyclists on the footpaths.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

RobertKK wrote: »

Cyclists really don't belong on footpaths.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No paths on first set of lights on way into kilkenny. Plus it's on a bend. It's bad situation for a cyclist.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The footpath that doesn't exist all the way out that road?

Also, it would be illegal for any cyclist to be on a footpath, the clue is in the name of the path.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cabaal wrote: »
    Also, it would be illegal for any cyclist to be on a footpath, the clue is in the name of the path.

It's not illegal, just moronic.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

I actually got caught behind a cyclist today on second set of lights on way out, and as I thought there is no room to pass him safely , I just let him cycle on, he was on a racer and kitted out so was pretty nippy, a normal cyclist would be slower, and there were artic trucks behind me who wanted to go go go.. it really is an accident waiting to happen and crazy to over look the fact that there is no cycle lane, all they would have to do is create a lane with cones and put a sign up.

It's a crash for cash and so obvious who would be to blame. Might break the bike out and head down, JOKE !
    Lane is 10ft tops, artic 8 , cyclist takes up 2ft . It just does not add up . One will hit other.
    Reason I go on is I have a relative who cycles in and out of work daily and it is on my mind.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So the construction workers have covered the crossing lights so now people walking can no longer safely cross,

Lots of unhappy people https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213537169728725&set=a.10200129653429197.2198985.1386494890&type=3

Has to be a health and safety issue to remove a safe crossing point like this,

So the construction workers have covered the crossing lights so now people walking can no longer safely cross,

Lots of unhappy people https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213537169728725&set=a.10200129653429197.2198985.1386494890&type=3

Clear fault, hope someone doesn't accidentally on purpose walk into side of a slow moving car and suddenly feel a make believe pain in their neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

How could they leave them operational. The delay they would cause would mean that the traffic travelling in opposite directions would meet each other on the same side of the road.

• Advertisement

emeldc wrote: »
    How could they leave them operational. The delay they would cause would mean that the traffic travelling in opposite directions would meet each other on the same side of the road.

They should leave them operational because its an important and safe crossing point for people with special needs and disabilities. Covering the lights makes crossing the road very dangerous for the people who most need it.

If the lights are going to be covered then the workmen need to put somebody there to stop traffic certainly at busy times when services are just beginning and in the evening when services end.

Just covering the lights and sticking up take shows no consideration and they'd be outrage if this was done outside a school. This is no different when it comes to the importance of having working lights here.

I thought road was going to be wider. I saw today that they started to lay kerbing half way in on the old lane that was already there.
    The mind boggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I thought road was going to be wider. I saw today that they started to lay kerbing half way in on the old lane that was already there.
    The mind boggles

Saw that myself, have to wonder what was the point, what are they widening it by, 1-2 feet? There was more room to play with i thought.

They need to widen the road opposite margretsfield, it's V tight getting past a car turning into the estate and the ground is all cut up from cars undertaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The mind boggles

The same shower that ordered a €20m bridge with no traffic management plan,and still leave HGV's over Greensbridge ( that was unsafe) for them :)

The same shower that ordered a €20m bridge with no traffic management plan,and still leave HGV's over Greensbridge ( that was unsafe) for them :)

Maybe when they turn greens bridge into a one way for HGV then they can finally finish the works they started on greens bridge where the railings now stand. Of course we're waiting since 1969 for this to happen so maybe we'll be waiting longer before they put the stone back.

On the subject on HGV going one way, how this is going to be enforced when cars can go both ways is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DickoHara

It is easy spend money when its not yours as regards the bridge vicar street there was a tail back from the petrol station to Bambricks last Saturday night at nine pm.

Maybe when they turn greens bridge into a one way for HGV then they can finally finish the works they started on greens bridge where the railings now stand. Of course we're waiting since 1969 for this to happen so maybe we'll be waiting longer before they put the stone back.

On the subject on HGV going one way, how this is going to be enforced when cars can go both ways is beyond me.
    Are the stones still in the council yard.

Are the stones still in the council yard they must be well hiden at this stage.

DickoHara wrote: »
    My apologies about posting the same thing twice.

DickoHara wrote: »

My understanding is they went "missing",

• Advertisement

My understanding is they went "missing",[/QUOTE MY understanding that they were taken down stored in the council yard, I could be totally wrong.

Advertisement